Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Childhood Cancer: Noah's Bandage Project

I first heard about Noah's Bandage Project from my friend Justine a few weeks ago.  She blogged all about it and I instantly emailed her to see how we could participate.  I knew this would be a service project that I could do with a toddler and one that she'd understand because it was all about helping kids.  She currently loves band-aids so it was an easy concept for her to connect with.

Noah Wilson was diagnosed with cancer back in 2014 at the age of six and had a great vision for how he could help other kids with cancer.  He wanted to help other kids who were going through treatment like he was and he decided fun band-aids were a great way to bring some cheer to the hospitals.  Sadly, Noah passed away in June of 2015, but his legacy lives on around the globe.  The Wilson family has raised over $100,000 for cancer research and donated bandages all over the globe.  I cannot imagine the heart ache of having a child battling cancer so I was excited to do something to help brighten the day of these sweet little patients.  You can read all about his mission for Noah's Bandage Project here.

You can read more about the project over on 
She gives the PO Box address of where to send band-aids along with more details on this sweet family that are her neighbors.

We headed to Wal-Mart one morning and I explained to Olive what we were doing once we got to the band-aid aisle.  I told her that there were sick kids in the hospital that needed band-aids.  I showed her the plain ones and asked her which ones she thought the kids would like better - plain or characters??  She smiled big and said "the cartoon ones!!"

We got busy picking out band-aids for the kids.




 We ended up with a nice assortment and she kept saying, "The kids at the doctor's office are going to LOVE these!!"  I had her explain where the band-aids were going to Kevin when he got home from work and she nailed it!  She said, "We bought bandages for sick kids in the hospital to make them happy.  They don't like the plain ones so we got them ones with people on them!!" 

We both wrote notes to send with the band-aids and then mailed our package.

We are linking up with Just Another Day in Paradise today to help spread the word for Noah's Bandage Project!!  Let me know if you have any questions because I'd be THRILLED to share Noah's story and get more band-aids sent out in his honor.  Please consider donating band-aids!!

5 comments:

  1. Love, love, love that so many of you blogged about this today. Such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project and how the blog community is taking the time to share Noah's story. While the outcome was a sad one, it's comforting to know that there are people still sharing his story and fighting his fight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so precious! I have two friends who are walking the leukemia road with their two year olds right now, and I know from them that there's such a need for childhood cancer research. Olive picked out the cutest bandaids! <3

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this project and love that Olive was so involved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet, sweet note to include with your bandaids! As a KC-resident and a friend of Brittany, I seriously love that the blogging community has rallied around this cause and brought attention to the Kansas City-based family!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.