Monday, September 26, 2016

September Recipe Round Up

It was another delicious month at our house.  Lots of cooking at home, packing lunches and eating leftovers.  We stocked up on apples, sweet potatoes, salad ingredients and tried to make sure with my meal planning that no food went to waste.

Here are a few of the best things we ate this month:

SALADS
Asian Chicken Salad - grilled chicken, mixed greens, sweet peppers, cucumber, eggs, cauliflower, broccoli and sharp cheddar cheese with Asian Toasted Sesame dressing.
Pasta Salad on Mixed Greens

BREAKFAST CASSEROLE for dinner
1 bag shredded potatoes
2 cups steamed sweet potoates
8 eggs
sauteed onions and sweet peppers
turkey sausage crumbles
bacon
sharp cheddar cheese
salt and pepper

Layer potatoes in 9x13 pan, pour eggs over the top and then top with the meat, onions, peppers and last the cheese.  Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes or until golden brown on top.  It was great served with fresh fruit and reheated really well for lunches all week long.

NACHOS
We had shredded chicken and ground beef nachos for dinner this month.  I always prepare or chop all of the ingredients and then each person build their nachos how they like them. I always do chips on the bottom, hot stuff next topped with cheese and then the cold things on top.  It's the perfect football watching food.


SWEET POTATOES
I bought a big bag of sweet potatoes at Sams and we've been enjoying them as sides dishes to our meals this month.  I made sweet potato chips, fries, hash and steamed.  They were all tasty.

Fries: peel sweet potatoes with a carrot peeler.
Cut them in half and then chop good size fries.
Sprinkle them with cinnamon and bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes.
I turned mine over half way through baking and they were delicious.
Salt when they come out of the oven.

Steamed sweet potatoes went in my breakfast casserole above and this hash.  Both were delish.


 PESTO PASTA
I've been keeping a jar of pesto in the fridge and it's been so handy in helping me whip up really easy dinners!  I prepared thin spaghetti noodles, added a can of shredded white meat chicken, two generous spoonfuls of pesto and topped it with parmesan cheese.  Itw as delicious!!

 LEAVE NO LEFT OVER BEHIND
I'm trying hard not to waste any food so I'm saving the leftovers from dinner and eating them for lunch.  We had BBQ pulled pork for dinner and a little left over.  I made a BBQ pulled pork grilled cheese for lunch the next day.  It was amazing!

 DESSERTS
We whipped up some Funfetti cupcakes.  I always do a boxed mix of a cake and make my own homemade buttercream frosting.  They're so good and never last long.

What have you been cooking this month??
Any yummy recipes you'd like to share with me??


I'm linking up with three of my favorite cooking ladies today
and we're all sharing our best recipes from the month.

Whitney @ Come Home for Comfort
Katie @ Cup of Tea
and Stephanie @ Wife, Mommy, Me
How to Cook a Whole Chicken in the Crockpot


Linking up with Christy Jordan of Southern Plate's Menu Monday
Head over to their blogs to see what delicious meals they are sharing this month!
 We've also started a Pinterest Board called
New Recipes We've Tried and Loved!
Be sure to check it out and get some great ideas for meals at your house.

10 comments:

  1. Can you just make double of everything you make and send it to my house??? SO many yummy meals!! My hubby would love a BBQ pork grilled cheese...I need to remember to make him one when we have leftover BBQ!! Have a fabulous Monday friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these posts of yours. Nachos have a very, VERY special place in my heart and I am so glad you shared those sweet potato fry directions too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks soo soo good! But the Nachos! I want them! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nachos always look amazing - I don't make nachos nearly enough! That pesto pasta dish looks delish as well. Good job using up your leftovers!

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so good! I'm saving it to use for my meal planning later this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have NOT done well with meal planning lately and feel so guilty about how much food goes to waste each week in our house :( I love sweet potato and egg things. I put cayenne on my baked sweet potato fries because I love a kick- L would probably love the cinnamon touch! (other sweet potato favorite: stuffed mexican sweet potatoes. do it!) And gimme all the nachos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so fresh and delicious! Thanks for sharing all these inspiring recipe ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always make me want to branch out and try new recipes. These all look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never thought to make a breakfast casserole for dinner. GENIUS! Adding it my menu for next week right now.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.