Friday, September 16, 2016

The Highlights of Our Week

Happy Friday to you!!  Hope you've had a wonderful week.  The week flew by for us with activities, school stuff, play dates and projects around the house.  We decorated for Fall and it's so nice to see pumpkins everywhere.  We've got plans scheduled to head to the apple orchard to pick apples and some other fun things coming up.  What's your favorite Fall tradition??  We're hoping to watch some football, go to a back to school picnic and do some work around the house.  I've got SOOOO many pictures I want hung and I have the hardest time hanging things straight.  So I'm hoping my husband will be excited to have a hanging party haha :)

The best parts of our week:

// 1 //
Fall Festivities
I ordered this year's set of Halloween plates from Pottery Barn Kids.  They're adorable and we use them for every meal.  Hurry and get yours while they're on sale for $5 each and before they sell out!!  We also decorated for Fall with pumpkins everywhere and pulled out our Fall/Pumpkin/Halloween books.  We have a basket of them to keep them separate from our other books and the kids love them.  Even the baby is getting excited about festive books.

// 2 //
Football
Notre Dame won this week so it was a fun week to be a fan!!  We ate delicious food and cheered them on from our living room.  Olive has almost mastered the fight song which might be the cutest thing ever and Kevin got to go to the game with his brother.  He'd text me for injury reports, updates and to hear what they were saying about things on tv.   Olive and I made funfetti cupcakes to celebrate!


 // 3 //
Chalkboards!
I finally found my box of chalk when I was unpacking some things this week so I got busy and designed my chalkboards for their new spots.  I'm guilty of doing chores and house work during nap times so it was a fun change of pace to make the most of my fringe hours doing something creative.  I love how they turned out!  Sweet dreams for Olive's room since it's one of the last things I say to her every night and the Notre Dame football schedule for our kitchen.  I love knowing at a glance who we are playing that week.

 // 4 //
Library
We are figuring out our new school year routines and are trying to make it to the library 1-2 times a week.  We went to a story time session last week and the kids loved it.  It was Fletcher's first time to the library and he got so excited for the music, the shakers and the scarves.  The three of us had a great morning with friends.
 The library is an excellent place to take your morning nap :)

 // 5 //
Eat the Rainbow
 I prepared several colorful meals this week.  A few of my favorites,,,
Asian Grilled Chicken Salad, Homemade Sweet Potato Fries, Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese
and one last Strawberry Pie of the season!!
 



 


My best posts of the week:
 
I shared My Favorite Fall Recipes - pumpkin, soups, crock pot and s'mores!

 
DIY Learning Activities for your preschooler
5 Potty Pointers to make potty training nearly painless :)


I hope you have a really great weekend!!
Do you have any fun plans in the works? 

10 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! I love your chalk art...it's so pretty! Your meals looked oh so yummy :) That strawberry pie is to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that pie looks so delicious! And the plates are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whitney, I can sure see the resemblance between you and Fletcher in the picture of him and Olive with the blue strands on his head...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fletch's tiny shoes! hah I haven't put shoes on T yet. I want that pulled pork grilled cheese! Pulled pork pizza and quesadillas are some of my faves because cheddar cheese is soooo good with pork! ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love story time at the library! We haven't been yet this fall, but I would to get back into doing it. Both girls just love it.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the college football chalkboard! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can never look at your posta without getting hungry friend. Looks like some fantastic fun is going on at your house. I adore those Halloween plates. Hope y'all are having an amazing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fletcher is just the best! He goes with the flow and always seems so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pie is perfect!! I am always hungry after your posts. I love the chalk boards! We need to spend our creative time finishing up these built ins!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That pie is perfect!! I am always hungry after your posts. I love the chalk boards! We need to spend our creative time finishing up these built ins!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.