Friday, September 9, 2016

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday!  I hope you had a wonderful week.  It was pretty toasty in the Midwest so we stayed inside more than usual and the week seemed to fly by with fun plans.  We watched a lot of football, got to hang out with friends, did some work around the house and are looking forward to a fun weekend.

The best parts of our week were...

// 1 //
LEGGINGS
I found these leggings for $3.78/pair at Wal-Mart this week!  They're so comfy, I love the colors and I sized up since they were in the Junior's section.  They come in about 10 different colors/prints, are thick enough to not be see through and I stocked up with these four pairs for Fall.  I've been wearing the tribal print ones all week.

// 2 //
POTTY TRAINED
I feel like we had a major parenting + toddler accomplishment recently!!  Olive is officially potty trained.  She's been doing great for almost a month now and so it was time for a celebration.  We headed to the store to pick out her potty prize.  She debated bikes, scooters, wagons, etc. and finally settled on this scooter + helmet combination.  She's so proud of herself and has been riding the scooter non-stop. 

// 3 //
60th ANNIVERSARY
Kevin's grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary last weekend so we headed down to their party.  We got all dressed up and enjoyed spending the evening with family.  Kevin snapped this picture of me and the kids and it's my new favorite.  We had tons of fun on our short road trip.  The kids napped on the way down and back so we ended up with about 3.5 hours of quiet time to catch up in the car.  We swung through Starbucks drive through and had a great time.  We've learned that we have got to get creative for date nights sometimes :)

Nana and Papa were smiling from ear to ear and genuinely thrilled to be celebrating their special day with everyone they loved.  It was sweet to see them and celebrate their many years together.  They're still the sweetest couple and make great marriage role models for us.  Isn't their wedding picture gorgeous!?!  





 // 4 //
NOTRE DAME
We had a blast watching Notre Dame play this week.  It was 99% fun and then not so fun at the end of the game when we lost in double over time.  It was a good game so I'm hopeful that it'll be a fun season.  It's Fletcher's first football season so we are loving introducing him to football.  I love putting him in tiny ND clothes that Olive wore and comparing the two.
 Baby Olive 2013                     Baby Fletcher 2016
 We put the kids to bed and then Fletch woke back up just in time for overtime.  He was happy to be up watching with us and then sad to see the Irish lose.  Better luck next week boys!!

 // 5 //
BOY NURSERY
I am so happy to be settled in our new house and working on Fletcher's nursery.  It's coming together nicely.  I'm loving the bright colors, the wood floors and need to assemble a lamp, hang some curtains, order a rug and hang a few things on the walls before I can call it done.  I think Fletcher is happy to have his own space even if he prefers being snuggled over sleeping in his crib.


Favorite posts from this week:
The truth behind Perfectly Posted Pictures


I hope you have a really great weekend!!
Do you have any fun plans in the works?  

11 comments:

  1. LOVE those leggings!!! I am thinking I might need that black and red checked pattern!!! And SUPER HOORAY for Olive!!! She is just the cutest thing on that scooter and I am so happy she is a big girl who goes on the potty now!! Yahoo! Fingers crossed Notre Dame has a WIN this weekend...that double over time loss was brutal!! Happy weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those leggings are cute. I took a walk through the walmart clothing the other day and was pretty disappointed. I don't think they have put their good stuff out yet. I hope you have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great week! We found some finds at Walmart this week too. Finally stocked up on their workout wear (in clearance) andn Havah got some new shirts. Win! Happy weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great family photo! I love the coordinating outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for leggings!!! and yay for potty training! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. His little blue collared outfit is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those leggings are adorable and the perfect price!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 60 years, wow! We watched the ND game too, total nail biter! The babies are so cute. Congrats to Olive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those leggings! I will have to get me some of them. I'm in desperate need of new Fall leggings. Congrats to Olive for being Potty trained. She will have tons of fun on that scooter. You have such a beautiful family. Thanks for linking up to H54F!

    Della
    www.delladevoted.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need thoseh leggings!! Love! Go Olive!! Wahoo! Sixty years, congratulations to them!! SVD i can't wait to see the finished pictures of his nursery, but those sheets are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the leggings! Can't really beat the price either! What a sweet party for his grandparents; their wedding picture is so cute! Olive's helmet is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.