Friday, September 23, 2016

The Highlights

Happy Friday!!  I hope you've had a wonderful week.  It's been a good one at our house.

The highlights of our week:

// 1 //
UTILITY VEST
My friend Beth mentioned finding THE PERFECT utility vest at.... SAMS!!  It looked adorable on her so I had to go and check it out for myself.  I looked for one all last season and could never find one that was perfect.  This vest is under $20, the brand is Sebby and comes in three different colors.  I opted for the olive vest in my regular size.  It's long enough to cover your bottom, has great details and fits perfectly.  You've got to check it out if you're a Sams member.  I tried on a few different sizes to make sure I got the right one.  There aren't mirrors in the clothing department (makes no sense!) so I hauled myself and my vests over to the optical center to use their mirrors to try things on.  It was totally worth it :)

 // 2 //
COSTUMES
We got to enjoy a pirate story time this week, have figured out our Halloween costumes for the kids and enjoyed the last hot week of the year (that might be wishful thinking, but it looks like things are cooling down a bit :)  The kids made pirate hats and played pirate games.  I didn't think Fletcher would enjoy his hat, but he wore it all morning when he wasn't trying to eat it.



 // 3 //
NACHOS & FOOTBALL
While our beloved Notre Dame lost again, we ate our weight in nachos!  No quite, but we did enjoy shredded chicken nachos for dinner a few times this week.  We made sure to gather all the best ingredients so our DIY nacho plates would be irresistible.  Let's hope the Irish can kick things in gear and win this weekend.

// 4 //
APPOINTMENTS & LUNCH DATES
We were responsible adults this week and took care of several appointments.  Not the most fun thing ever, but it was good to check in and eat lunch with Kevin twice this week.  Jimmy Johns and Einsteins were delicious.   Olive doesn't eat enough to order her own sandwich so she usually just eats the hinge side of my sandwich.  It was fun to be on campus with Kevin this week.  He held Olive's hand and it was so sweet!



// 5 //
 AROUND THE HOUSE
Olive is obsessed with olives.  Jumbo is her favorite and she wants to eat them at every meal.
 She takes her big sister role very seriously.  She has really taken an interest in Fletcher this month.  She's asking to hold him, help feed him, read with him and thinks it's the best thing in the world when he smiles or laughs at her.  It's "ador-dable" as Olive says.
 Fall has arrived, but you wouldn't know that based on the flowers in my backyard.  The impatiens are HUGE!!  They look so pretty.  I had envisioned planting mums in those pots, but that'll have to wait.


Best Posts of the Week:
Target Haul & Must Have Products - Dawn is an amazing stain remover!!



I hope you have a really great weekend!!
Do you have any fun plans in the works?

14 comments:

  1. That vest is PERFECT!! I am deathly going to look for it when we are at Sam's this weekend!! So fun you get to stop by campus and have lunch with Kevin.... I love college campuses - I think they have such a fun energy about them! Fingers crossed Notre Dame shows up with a win this weekend… Hope you have a great day friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the same vest from Sams Club a couple of weeks ago! My friend texted me telling me she just got one there, so I sent my mom to buy me one haha! Then I just saw Nordstrom had one just like it but it was $88--I felt so good knowing I saved so much $$$!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for finding a vest! And I'm jealous of the price... Mine definitely wasn't a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that vest! Super cute!! Your Nachos look so good, that at 9:00 am I now craving Nachos! ha!
    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that utility vest, perfect for fall! And those nachos look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man I want that vest! Can't wait to see how you style it! It is soo cute! I'm wondering who I might know that can take me to sams... :P
    Your nachos look ah-mazing! We watched the Texans take a brutal loss last night. Nachos would've helped a lot, ha ha.

    Have a good weekend with that adorable family of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm so glad you snagged yourself a vest. I have one too and love it. I wear it on a weekly basis once the weather cools.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That utility vest is so cute, and what a great price! Great pictures from the week! Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for the vest. What other colors did they have it in? That is so cute that Olive loves olives! We are going to visit family this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that Olive loves olives. Marissa is a HUGE fan too. I am so happy that you were able to find a vest at Sam's. I thought it was funny that your Sam's doesn't have a mirror ours is pretty pitiful, but at least we have one! Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that Olive loves olives. Marissa is a HUGE fan too. I am so happy that you were able to find a vest at Sam's. I thought it was funny that your Sam's doesn't have a mirror ours is pretty pitiful, but at least we have one! Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course Olive loves olives:) Her and Fletcher are just too cute! And that's an awesome deal on that utility vest!!! I can see you pairing it with all sorts of cute outfits this fall.

    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that Olive loves olives. :) And that vest is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute vest! I have my mums in cute little metal buckets, but they have yet to bloom. I can't wait to see when they do. I've been bummed about Notre Dame all year, but then again I haven't watched a game yet. There's just too much going on with the wedding and cows and such. I've lost touch with the sports world!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.