Friday, September 30, 2016

The Best Parts

Happy Friday!!  I hope you had a wonderful week.  It's homecoming week in our little town so we are excited to participate in the festivities.  We're planning to tailgate and inviting Kevin's students to stop by before the game, participating in fun homecoming activities for kids and are just enjoying being outside this time of year.  I'm hoping to plan a fun tailgating menu that'll be delicious for us and for students stopping by.  Wish me luck!!

The best parts of our week were:

// 1 //
PSL
We tried our very first Pumpkin Spice Latte drink ever this week!!  A sweet friend emailed me a gift card after mentioned I'd never tried a PSL.  It was such a fun surprise that we had to head to Starbucks to give it a try!!  We both really enjoyed the PSL.  I wouldn't not say it takes the place of my favorite drink (Caramel Latte), but it was a delicious way to kick off Fall and feels like a festive drink for this time of year.  Are you a fan of the PSL??  I've heard that McDonalds has a great one, but I have yet to give it a try.

// 2 //
It feels like Fall inside AND outside now!!  I've worn layers this week and loving all the mums and pumpkins I'm seeing everywhere.  I gave a little Fall decor house tour yesterday.  My nails are ready for Fall with NYC perfect shade of gray called 246 Park Ave.  I'm hoping to find the perfect olive green polish to try next.  Are your nails painted for Fall??

// 3 //
Best Salad of the Week
I ate this yummy combo a few times.  Lots of hard boiled eggs, chopped every veggie I had in my fridge, on mixed greens with Ken's Honey Mustard Dressing.  It was SOOOO good!  I'm heading to the grocery store today to pick up the ingredients for my first pot of chili of the season and some delicious Mexican Sweet Potato Skins.

// 4 //
Olive + Fletcher
Fletcher turned 6 months old yesterday so we sang him happy half birthday and ate donut halves in his honor.  He loved it and would have shoved the donuts in his mouth if I would have let him.  Sidenote: I love picking out little boy clothes.  I washed lots of Fall things for him this week and love this dino + stripes combo.

Something big happened for Fletcher during his fifth month... his big sister became really interested in him.  He's able to play with toys with her, laugh at her silliness and she thinks he's "ador-dable".  He's thrilled with this development and she climbed in his crib after nap time this week and said, "You can go now.  I want to be alone with Fletchy."  I love seeing their sibling love grow.




// 5 //
Indianapolis Zoo
We headed to the zoo this week and had a blast.  Olive's favorite part were the dolphins, the ocean aquariums and she was only slightly disappointed that we were not able to spot any mermaids.  Fletcher loved being along for the ride.  The Tiger was our favorite outdoor animal.  He was so friendly coming right up to see us!!  I blogged more about it on Tuesday - 5 Tips for Easy Outings with Kids




Best Posts of the Week

Sweet potatoes, BBQ, Nachos, Salads and Sprinkles!

I hope you have a really great weekend!!
Do you have any fun plans in the works?
We'll be watching a lot of football and staying cozy!


16 comments:

  1. Um. Where do I start with this post?? SO many things to love!!! I love the pumpkins on your mantle...Fletcher is the cutest EVER, I NEED to make those sweet potato fries this weekend...and why can't we just live a little closer to one another??? :) I am pretty sure we would have the BEST play dates ever :) Hope you have a wonderful day friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't we all want to spot a mermaid!
    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were able to try a PSL! What a great friend! Love your nail color--that's the perfect shade of fall in my opinion. And next week will be my town's homecoming week--like you, I love homecoming week too!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for fall! I'm going to try the McDonalds PSL very soon. I am very far from a Starbucks but have access to McDonalds. I'll report back. Your mantle is adorable and I know you are loving enjoying the fall in your new home. I haven't worn any layers or scarves yet but I know I will be soon. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the PSL! And what a sweet friend!

    I have never tailgated before and can't wait to hear more about it! Spare no details! 😁

    As a mom with a girl and a boy I can totally understand your love of seeing them bond. It.Is.The.Best! I've always called my two "the brother and sister duo." I love how little Fletcher grins up at Olive - the adoration is mutual!
    Have a great weekend, Whitney!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yess for PSLs!! Love them so so much - glad you tried one! Also.. those pumpkins on your mantle- love!

    happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh a caramel latte?! Yum!! And I adore the sibling love--- mine play together lots too and each time it warms my heart so very much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello sweet lady! Look at those babies!!! My goodness I see a lot of Olive in him but those eyes - wow! It was fun when my son got to the baby stage where my daughter found him irresistable - enjoy this time before he gets a little more age on him and the fights start LOL always one sided for a couple years LOL! I wish you a fabulous weekend and I'm off to buy that nail color!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the half donut idea!! TOO cute!

    Yay for watching sibling love grow :) It's theee best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Half donuts! I love it! Love the polish color too! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to give the McDonald's PSL a try! I like Starbucks but they are so pricey! Nice and festive though! Love the fall decorations!! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaahhh those donut halfs are such a cute idea. Crazy he is already 6 months old! I am loving that you got to try your first PSL too. What a sweet friend. It was feeling like fall here too... and then summer came back today :(.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 6 months to Fletcher! I can't believe time is flying by so quickly. It looks like y'all had such a great time at the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the idea of half donuts hehe, I will have to remember that come November ;) Happy 6 months to that blue-eyed cutie! Love that his sister loves him so much right now, I bet that is just too cute to watch. I love little boy clothes too! There are lots of monsters and dinosaurs in T's wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your salad game is strong. You have such pretty combination. I wish you were in my neck of the woods. We could have lunch dates on the regular.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the donut halves! What a fun idea. That salad looks so so good!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.