Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Tuesday Talk: Raspberry Ice Cream

I shared a recipe a few weeks ago for healthy ice cream.  It was Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and it was delicious.  We enjoyed it so much that I started experimenting with other flavor combinations.  We ended up with an amazing raspberry ice cream so I knew I had to share it with you.

 Raspberry Ice Cream

3 bananas room temp
1 cup frozen raspberries
 1/3 c vanilla yogurt
1 t vanilla

 Puree everything in a blender until smooth.
Pour into a container with a lid and freeze until hard.

Scoop out and serve.
For some reason this ice cream scooped way easier that the pb chocolate chip recipe.
The color was beautiful and it tasted like a delicious sorbet.
I loved the flavor right away - very fruity and a great healthy substitute for ice cream.

 I made this ice cream with my toddler.
She happily tossed the ingredients in the blender and pressed the blender buttons.
I thought it might be too tart for her or too cold, but she LOVED it.
I gave her one spoonful to try.  She claimed the spoon and told me to go and get another one for myself.  We shared this yummy treat and I'm thinking this will be a really fun summer treat.

I can't wait to try peaches, strawberries, watermelon, berries, cherries, etc.
in my banana ice cream recipes.  I'll be sure to share any other delicious combinations.


It's time to link up with my favorite ladies again this week.
Be sure to join us with your best post.
 
Polka-Dotty Place

8 comments:

  1. YUM!! And you could probably turn this ice cream mixture into Popsicles too!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks so great! Pinning for later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing and refreshing! Can't wait to try this! I'm thinking of the different flavors I could use too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to tell you - my pick of the day! Sharing everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raspberry is my FAVORITE! This looks so good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is brilliant!! i am saving this to do with my kiddos! :) perfect for summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made something similar last weekend and I've figured out that if you let it freeze for about 3-4 hours, it's easier to scoop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A peach one would end up being my favorite. I love all things peach flavored.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.