Friday, May 13, 2016

The Highlights

We had a pretty low key week at our house.  I've been battling an ear infection (do adults really get those?!?!), it still feels like Fletcher is on a vampire sleep schedule being wide awake for hours at night, Olive's last paci broke and she's taken it pretty well.  She asked for new pacis for her birthday and said we needed to ask her Papaw to fix it for her.  We are busy making toddler birthday plans, vacation plans and starting to think about moving into our new house.  Lots of iced coffee has been consumed, puddles have been jumped in with all of this rain and Princess Sophia marathons are all the rage.  It's been a good week and we're excited for the weekend.

The best parts of our week were:

// 1 //
SUMMER PLANNING
We're making plans to head to the beach this summer and getting everyone ready to go.  I love swim suit shopping for the kids.  We went with Rufflebutts Ruffled Rash Guard Bikini again this year for Olive in her favorite color.  We were so pleased with her suit last year - she wore it all summer long, never got burned & it still looks brand new.  I had hoped she could wear it for two summers, but she's till growing like crazy and blasting through sizes right and left.  It was a great suit so I'm happy to have a different color for her this year & Carters hat for Olive.  I went with Gymboree suits for Fletcher.  Who said shopping for boys isn't as fun as shopping for girls?!?!  I loved picking out these little sea creature suits for my little man.  I seem to have to look harder to find boy things I LOVE, but it is possible to find great boy things.

// 2 //
FAVORITE PICS of the kids
Fletcher turned 6 weeks old and loves to sit up in his manly Bumbo seat.  He's also smiling more frequently and starting to grab things.
Olive declared "I'm your best helper ever and I love dis chocolate!" 
while helping me bake brownies.  I agree sweet girl.

// 3 //
WAL-MART ONLINE
My bloggy friend Justine always raves about the selection of products on Wal-Mart.com  I rarely shop their website, but am always so impressed with her finds.  So I was inspired to do some birthday party prep late one night and decided to see what all of the fuss was about.  Ladies, I was SO IMPRESSED with their selection!!  There is so much more available on-line than in their stores.  

Here's a sampling of the pink and purple birthday goodies that have arrived on my doorstep this week.  The selection and price were outstanding and if your order is over $50 it ships free.  I'll do a full review of the products in the near future, but I am excited to have this new resource for my party planning prep.  Thanks Justine!!

// 4 //
HOUSE UPDATE
Kevin and my dad got Olive's room painted the prettiest shade of lavender.  It's done and ready for a sweet little girl to move in.  The living areas are almost done being painted gray and Olive has claimed the window seat as her reading nook.  Wallpaper borders in the bathroom are down in one and waiting to be painted.  So many projects are getting crossed off our list thanks to my dad and Kevin.

 // 5 //
NEW PRODUCTS
I got to go on a solo shopping trip on Mother's Day!  Hooray!  It's amazing how quick it is to run errands when you're alone.  I picked up two new ELF products.  The $1 ELF Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in Pink Umbrella is an item I liked so much that I repurchased it.  It's the perfect slightly pink color that is easy to throw on for a day at home or a day when you're not wanting to wear a bold lip.  Slightly tinted and moisturizing too.  The blush is amazing!  I was skeptical that it would be too light and would wear off, but it's lovely.  It's almost like it as some highlighting in it to give your cheeks the perfect glow.  It's the $2 Silky Smooth Powder Blush in Shy and I'm wearing it in the picture below.
I also picked up my first bottle of Essie polish.  I usually shy away from it since it's nearly $10 a bottle, but this one was $3.99 at TJ Maxx.  It's the perfect shade of berry for summer.  Olive was anxious to give it a try on her piggies :)


Best posts of the week:

3 Year Old Birthday Wish List


I hope you have a really great weekend!!
Do you have any fun plans in the works??
 

16 comments:

  1. Olives room if the perfect shade of purple! I any believe you found all that Walmart online. I never shop Walmart online. Such a good picture of you and the kids! What do you think about Essie? I love it, but think it takes awhile to dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited you had such a great experience with Walmart.com! Celine is having a Sofia party today!! And I absolutely love the goodies you picked up on your Mother's Day shopping trip-that nail polish is gorgeous! happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using my Essie polishes for about 6 months now and love them!!! They seem to last longer on me and the girls than other brands. The house is moving right along! I'm sure you're anxious to get moved in! Cute kids swim suits too! I'll have to check Walmart.com next time I'm on the hunt for something specific :). Hope your ear is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had an eye infection about 3 months ago... I'm 33. What gives?

    I'm excited to see your home. Be sure to take before and after photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those suits are adorable! I'm going to have toshare the company name with my sister as they should be having a baby in the next few weeks!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I LOVE that Essie polish color! Ear infection?! Ugh! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh wallpaper! There is a strip of it in Trey's kitchen I'm dying to get rid of..a summer project! And there is so much of it in the upstairs as well. Any tips on removing for future reference? Love Olive's shade of purple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is the prettiest shade of lavendar! I can't wait to see her completed room!! I feel the same way with boys clothes, you have to look a bit harder to find things you love (there are a lot of skulls and monster trucks and sometimes, those are a no!) but when you do, they are just as adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your do adults really get those comments made me lol and sigh for you all at the same time. I LOVE the shade of lavender you chose, it looks perfect and I am so glad that you like it too! Fletcher is SO strong. I love big strong healthy babies. Reminds me of my girls. I clearly remember being alone in the room with M that first night at the hospital and she held her head up and looked right at me. I just laid there and all I could think is "Newborns aren't supposed to be doing this... are they?! Sadly I had no witnesses. At least I wasn't on pain meds so I know I wasn't hallucinating, baha ha!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Dad swears by walmart online shopping. I may have to give it a try myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use the same elf lip pencil and I love it! I'm so glad you were able to have a shopping day to yourself...it sounds lovely. For Mother's Day my parent's took Jack for four hours and I had the house to myself and I was oh so happy. I'm loving Olive's room and I can't wait to see how it all turns out. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE Rufflebutts! I have a ton of suits from the last two summers but have yet to order my girl one for this summer... something I need to do soon! Your kiddos are adorable =0)

    Stopping over from the link up. Would love if you popped by my blog as well. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to see pictures of Fletcher in those swim suits. It's going to be cute. :) Yay for house projects coming along! You probably know how I feel about Walmart, but I'll agree with you on their online inventory. I got my barstools there (and send Paul to pick them up in store LOL) and my Minnie ears for Disney World were purchased from Walmart.com! Love your makeup finds - I recently fell in love with the ELF honey bronzer, and that blush looks awesome. Good to know!

    Have a lovely weekend my friend!
    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES on the swimsuits - nice picks. Love the lavender color for Olive's room. I think each girl of mine went through the color purple stage too. My youngest, it still is her favorite color and she is 25 years old!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I shop Walmart.com for stuff like that too! I have it shipped to store if it's not $50 worth of stuff since wm is practically our only local store anyways so we're there often. Love the kids' suits! (if only I liked shopping for swimsuits for MYSELF as much as I do for the kids... sigh) Keep us posted on the paci journey. L is OBSESSED with hers and I'd take it away cold turkey if it wasn't for the fact that she'd just steal Tell's!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm majorly jealous of her room color and her reading nook!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.