Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Tuesday Talk: Pesto Chicken Salad

 What meal is the hardest for you to get excited about preparing each day??
For me, it's LUNCH.

I love breakfast foods and am always excited to try new dinner recipes, but lunch is kind of the forgotten about meal.  I often eat leftovers or just end up snacking around.  Neither option is very exciting so I have been working on trying a little harder with my lunches.  I always fix a yummy lunch for my toddler because it is the one meal I can always count on her wolfing down. 

Back to the favorite adult lunch I wanted to share with you today: Pesto Chicken Salad!

It's super easy and I got the recipe from Kate at The Small Things Blog

I used one can of white meat chicken drained & shredded
2 heaping Tablespoons of pesto from a jar
1 french baguette
coarse salt
olive oil

Drain and shred one can of chicken
add in the pesto
*I am not an experienced pesto eater and was pleasantly surprised how good it was.
Stir until well combined and refrigerate.
Slice your bread, drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and broil for 1-2 minutes

Serve chicken salad on toasted baguette slices or with Almond Nut Thin crackers.
I loved the fresh fruits and veggies with the chicken salad.

This recipe makes 2-3 servings so it's nice to fix it and end up with several lunches.
It refrigerates really well for a few days and I prefer to serve it cold.


 And here's a little dose of reality for you...
a very helpful toddler tip toeing around my lunch plate as I snap a few pictures saying "Mama I help you take da pictures!"  Those cute little toes are never far behind the pictures I take for this blog.  We always sit down and eat our lunches together so she thought it was funny I was taking pictures of my plate.  Some days we eat the same thing and some days we don't. 

What things do you love to eat for lunch??

 It's time to link up with my favorite ladies this week!
Join us with your best post.
 We had 173 people link up last week.

The most clicked on link of last week was from
Jess @ Sweet Little Ones 

 

 Becky at BYBMG | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Michelle at Grammie Time | Pinterest | Instagram 

Polka-Dotty Place

10 comments:

  1. I agree! I really struggle to want to make lunch which is why all to often it is boring! I'll give this a try soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh yummy and minus the bread and crackers I can eat this!!! So excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! This looks so easy and delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never even see pesto in a jar. I'll have to look around for it the next time I head to the store. Lunch is where I fail at also. This week I've been eating turkey sandwiches which is not exciting at all. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lunch is hard for me too but this? This I could handle. I am pretty sure I have everything on hand for this too! Thanks Whitney!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Whitney, I'm a new subscriber from the Tuesday Talk link-up (link 134). That looks delish! My kitchen and I are not on speaking terms, so my favorite meal is one I don't have to cook! But I'm trying to get better. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good! You do such a great job of making everything look delish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good! You do such a great job of making everything look delish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea! I can't have the cheese in pesto, the bread or can chicken, BUT I can make pesto without the cheese and make my own shredded chicken breast and eat it with a fork. You have no idea how inspiring this is. I was running out of ways to eat chicken!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea! I can't have the cheese in pesto, the bread or can chicken, BUT I can make pesto without the cheese and make my own shredded chicken breast and eat it with a fork. You have no idea how inspiring this is. I was running out of ways to eat chicken!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.