Thursday, May 26, 2016

Purple Dinner Party

We had a dinner party with Kevin's side of the family and we had a blast.  It was Fletcher's first time meeting the extended family members and Olive was thrilled to get to see everyone.

My MIL's flowers were gorgeous and Olive was excited to check all of them out.   I had to remind her not to pick Nanny's flowers.  I'm excited to start working on our new landscaping with my MIL's help this summer.  She's got a great eye for things and knows a lot about caring for plants.  That's not my specialty, but I enjoy learning so I can have a pretty yard.




 Olive barely noticed that Fletcher was getting ooed and awwwed over all night.  He's lucky to have 5 great grandparents and he got to meet four of them at the party.  Everyone was talking about how big he is and were excited to see him in person.



 We grilled out and my MIL made a delicious spread.  Olive had the time of her life being chased around the flowers by her uncle Rex.  His name is actually Eric, but she's always called him Rex.  So now he's convinced her he's a t-rex.  He's her favorite.

 We opened gifts and she got so many fun things.  She's been playing with her new toys all week and she makes us pull her rocking horse into her bedroom so they can both go to bed at night.  She loves that thing!

We even had a purple sunset to wrap up our purple day!  It was gorgeous and we feel so grateful to have so many people who adore Olive.  We headed back home after a day of partying.  Both kids feel asleep after being on the road for only a few minutes.  We swung through Starbucks and had two hours of uninterrupted conversation.  That hasn't happened in a long time so it was a great date night of sorts on the road.

7 comments:

  1. What a perfect purple party for sweet Olive! And I love that you and Kevin got a little unexpected date night on the ride home -those are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww it looks like such a great evening! Purple follows Olive around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love some good family time! It looks like a wonderfully festive time! And your coffee drive-date night, too cute : ) Gotta take advantage of all openings these days for some connecting time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to celebrate. I love all of the purple too. I bet that conversation time was such a sweet treat. I kind of miss the days my kids would sleep in the car :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her yard is beautiful! I just know she will be lots of help with your own yard. Also so great that y'all were able to have 2 hours of time just to catch up and enjoy each others company.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fun! Cherish those family photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fun! Cherish those family photos!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.