Wednesday, May 4, 2016

New House Tour

I mentioned back in March that we bought a new house.  We had been house hunting for months and are thrilled to be home owners again on St. Patrick's Day.  We looked at a wide variety of homes - newer, older, fixer uppers, move in ready and everything in between - with our realtor and our parents.  House hunting with a toddler and being hugely pregnant was exhausting.  It was our first time to buy a home where we had to consider neighborhoods, school districts and look for areas with young families.  We wanted to be close to work, close to a park, have a good yard, and be in our favorite area of town.

I'm happy to report that our new home has TONS of the things we were hoping for:
great living spaces
big kitchen with an island
enough square feet for us to have plenty of room to spread out
tons of closets
vintage charm
big windows
original wood floors
nice yard
in a wonderful area of town with great schools

There are LOTS of projects we are hoping to tackle to personalize the space and many of them are currently under way.  My dad has been spending every free moment he has to come up to work on our house.  He's painted, cleaned, refinished, resurfaced, replaced and really overhauled the place.  Kevin helps when he can and has been busy taking care of the yard.  I've been busy picking out paint colors, making decisions and taking care of the kids!  I am excited to show you some updated project pictures later on in the month.  We don't have a move in date set just yet because we are hoping to get lots of projects done before we move in.

Here are a few of the BEFORE pictures of the house:





 Our backyard is full of big trees :)

Stayed tuned for lot of updates and projects in the coming weeks & months.  I'm excited to move in and tackle projects inside, projects outside, to have a backyard again and to get our stuff out of storage.  Friends, I have my wedding china that's been packed up for 12 years that's dying to be used!!  Hooray for settling into our new home :)

15 comments:

  1. The post we have all been waiting for! It looks absolutely perfect friend. I can't wait to see all the things you do to make it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Thanks for the tour! :) Wow...your house has such potential!! I can't wait to see how you decorate it. The kitchen looks perfect for baking with that nice island...and the built-ins? Dying! <3 So happy for you!!

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whitney it looks so lovely! Thank you for sharing pics. Yay for wedding China!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love seeing the inside of my favorite bloggers home. I'm so nosey like that. I can't wait to see how you decorate it and make it home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so pretty. We are in the process of closing on a home, stressful times but so much fun. Congrats to you both

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it's so beautiful! I LOVE the big windows, and I know you're going to bake your heart out in that kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo so much great space and light! Love it! (and jealous!) I'm so excited for you, what a fun (and yes, a bit stressful I'm sure hah) time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Whitney!! I just love everything about your new home! And I am so excited to see the progress as you move in and get things painted and decorated!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for y'all!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see more pictures and I know you are anxious to get your hands into the space and get to decorating. So many more wonderful things coming up for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice post. Would you like to follow each other? Let me know. http://andreanalens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh girl! Them built ins and bay windows have my heart! But, no surprise there :) Give me more more more! It looks so wonderful- and that's just the before pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the charm and built ins and bay windows!!!! our house is newer and while I love it,.... I really wanted something with charm, we just weren't able to find anything. I can't wait to see the after pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love following along on these projects. Your new house is so nice! Some paint and it'll be perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love following along on these projects. Your new house is so nice! Some paint and it'll be perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love all of the space and natural light that you have in this new house. We have an open floor plan in our home and it is so great, especially when you have small children. It gives everyone plenty of room to work and play and you can see what your little ones are doing. Looks beautiful!

    Margaret @ Boston North Shore Real Estate

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.