Thursday, March 10, 2016

Picture Perfect Project: Real Pics

 The majority of the pictures I take are on my iphone.  They're okay and I think most people would say the same is true for them, but they are definitely not the same quality as the pictures I take on my real camera.  I try to leave my DSLR camera out and easily accessible to remind me to take pictures throughout the month.  I take most of my food pictures with it and am working harder to take pictures of my family and every day things with the real deal camera.  I didn't do a perfect job, but I'm excited to share my best shots for the Picture Perfect Project this month.

FOOD:
I mentioned trying a new Cinnabon Copycat Recipe on Friday so I'm going to share the recipe with you today.  They were pretty tasty!  The recipe was a little more labor intensive than my usual cinnamon roll recipe and the rolls were a little more dense.  We enjoyed them just the same.

Copycat Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls

I made several change so my recipe is:
1 pkg yeast
1 c warm whole milk
1/2 granulated sugar
1/3 softened margarine
1 t salt
2 eggs
4 cups flour

FILLING:
1 cup brown sugar
2 T cinnamon
1/2 cup softened margarine
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans

FROSTING:
1 stick softened butter
1 T milk
1 bag confectioner's sugar

Dissolve yeast in bowl of warm milk.  Add all the other ingredients together and mix well.  Cover and let rise for an hour or until the dough doubles in size.

Roll out the dough and preheat your oven to 350.  

Combine all of the filling ingredients except the nuts and spread them over the dough.  Sprinkle the nuts on top.  Then carefully roll up the dough. Cut rolls to be 1/2-3/4 in thick.  Let them rise in a greased 9x13 pan for 30 minutes.  Then bake for 16-18 minutes or until the tops are browned.

Let the rolls cool just a bit and generously top them with frosting.

This recipe made 12 cinnamon rolls and they were best served warm out of the oven.



 CATS:  (aka professional nappers)

DRESSING THE BUMP:


 BABY SPRINKLE FOR FLETCHER:








OLIVE:


My goal for the next month is to document a day in the life project where I use my real camera to take a picture of what we're doing every hour on the hour.  It might seem like a boring thing to do, but time is flying and I know I'll love to look back on what we did every day when Olive was two.


I'm linking up with Our Pretty Little Girls for Picture Perfect Project today

11 comments:

  1. I liked all your pics! And that sounds like a fun challenge to monthly take a day and photograph it every hour! I may do that sometime too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take all my pics on my Iphone too.. it's just too easy because then you can share them without having to download them from a camera... your real pictures are amazing though!!! You could be a food photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great round up! Now I'm hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, drooling over the cinnamon rolls. They sound heavenly! My entire phone camera roll is pictures of the dog, ha! I need to get better about using my real camera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your posts & that I think you are a great mom! "Yummy" on those cinnamon rolls. I'm gonna have to try those this weekend. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cinnamon rolls look amazing! There is nothing better than homemade ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love baby boy's name! And an hour by hour challenge is definitely not boring. My problem is forgetting to take my hourly shots but at the end you have such a great review of your day! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should consider starting on overnight bakery business. I'll be your first customer, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them all but boy am I excited about those cinnamon rolls :). I'd just love to bake with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them all but boy am I excited about those cinnamon rolls :). I'd just love to bake with you.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.