Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Baby BOY: Week 37-38

My 2nd pregnancy is coming to a close and I wanted to document the very end of it.
Here's my VERY last bumpdate:

Week 37 – mini watermelon – March 21:
I ended up having six doctor’s appointments this week for check ups, monitoring and such.  I’m kind of over this stage of pregnancy and definitely won’t miss spending hours at these kind of appointments.  I realize there are many worse things to have to do with my time, but spending 10+ hours doing this wasn’t my idea of fun.  Luckily, Kevin took care of Olive the majority of the time I was there, but she did tag along for portions of the appointments.  It makes me really thankful for the flexibility in his job and the ability to be around for family things during the day.

My blood pressure is high, but not that high for me, blood work is looking okay, kidneys are doing okay and my blood sugar is high but not terrible.  All things combined = I’ll be induced next week at 38 weeks.  Exciting!!  I’m disappointed because my doctor is on vacation for spring break next week so I’ll have to get over it and embrace the fact that the other doctor in the practice will deliver me.  I’ve seen him several times so it’s fine, but I do like my doctor better.

My appetite has finally hit a plateau this week.  Nothing really sounds great, but I’m hungry.  I’ve been snacking regularly and not that interested in big meals. 
We worked on house projects and made some decisions with work there. 

Olive is very interested in all the baby gear we’re pulling out and getting ready.  She’s putting it all to good use for her baby dolls.  She’s been singing to my belly and talking about cute little baby Fletcher.  I have been working hard to talk through lots of baby things with her – how a new baby eats, what they like, what he’ll want to do, where he’ll hang out when he’s awake, bath time, etc. to give her some idea of what to expect.  We’ll point out babies when we see them out and about and she always says how cute they are.  Let’s hope she agrees when we bring Fletcher home :)

I’ve been feeling a whole range of emotions as delivery day approaches.
Excited to meet Fletcher.
Nervous about adding another kid to the mix.
Anxious about my hospital stay and hoping it flies by so I can hurry back home.
Worried about how Olive will do when I’m in the hospital.
Looking forward to introducing Olive to Fletcher.
Busy making to do lists.
Wondering how it’s all going to work with Kevin’s work schedule, the unknowns of delivering a baby timeline and trying to make concrete plans around so many variables.
And everything in between.
 


Week 38 – watermelon – March 28:
We went to a bunny brunch at the country club.  It was so sweet and I really cherished our last weekend as a family of three.  Olive LOVED the giant bunny and getting to hold the real bunnies.  She didn’t want to hand them back when her turn was over.  We packed in tons of fun with egg dyeing, Easter egg hunting, painting, crafting, chocolate eating, cupcake making and just being together.  I definitely took advantage of times to rest and snuggle Olive each day and am excited for our busy week ahead. 

I'm having a hard time sleeping comfortably, heart burn is back and so is my stuff nose.  I blame spring allergies + pregnancy on that one.  I'm hungry, but nothing sounds good most days so I just end up eating whatever is easiest to prepare.  People are commenting that I look like I'm ready to have a baby any day and they are right.

We pulled out and cleaned up all of our baby gear.  Olive is fascinated by everything and insists on playing with it.  Hopefully she's taking to heart our comments about being gentle and little brother will get a little peace and quiet.  She assured me that she would be very gentle when she met the Easter bunny last weekend so I know she's listening to our gentle talks.  She insists on talking to, singing to and snuggling my belly.  She thinks my belly button is so funny and likes to poke it.  That wouldn't be such a bad thing if it wasn't SO SORE.  I think it's stretched to the max so I'm anxious for it to not be so sensitive. 

It says that Fletcher is the size of a watermelon and I definitely agree.  Can’t wait to see how big he ends up being and to see if he looks like his big sister.  I'm sure that I don't look nearly this cute carrying around a watermelon :)








Pregnancy with Olive:

And that's a wrap on pregnancy #2!!

7 comments:

  1. Thinking about you and praying for you right now. Can't wait to hear about Fletcher's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look BEAUTIFUL! The 37 week selfie and the Easter pics! I can't wait to hear all about Fletcher's arrival! Praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for being done!!! Having 2 kids is an adjustment, but the moment they start connecting with each other is just amazing... I know Olive is going to be the best big sister!!! I hope these last few days go smoothly for you.. and you have a safe induction and delivery. I'll be thinking about you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and anxiously awaiting his arrival!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That baby boy should be in your arms by now so anxiously awaiting pictures. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Whitney I just saw your picture on IG. Congratulations he is PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I really hope he is here and I can't wait for you to post about it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.