Friday, March 4, 2016

The Highlights

It was a fun week of ups and downs at our house.  We had a great time with family and celebrating our baby boy last weekend.  Olive has been battling a cold/ear troubles all week, but seems to be on the mend.  We stayed close to home, wore our pjs too long, ate good food and worked on potty training.  Exciting times :)

The highlights of our week were:

 // 1 //
Baby Sprinkle
My sweet MIL threw the nicest baby sprinkle for me on Saturday.  It was so fun and great to celebrate our little boy.  Everyone went above and beyond to make it happen and I just loved seeing all of the little boy things.  Fletcher is due to arrive in five weeks or less so the timing was perfect.  I wrote about the sprinkle earlier this week with a picture overload.

// 2 //
Copycat Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
I mentioned on instagram this week that I tried a new recipe for copycat Cinnabons and they were tasty!  Check back next week for the recipe.

 // 3 //
Zulily
I love the idea of Zulily, but have only purchased a few things from them.  I think I could find something to buy every single day if I looked at their deals so I try to only check when I need something specific.  However, when I got a text from my friend Meg, I knew I had to have a monogrammed clover of my own!  Now I just need to decide how to paint it and hang it on my front door ASAP.

 // 4 //
My Cats
I have the cutest cats and they are becoming sweeter and sweeter with my toddler.  Topher takes a peaceful afternoon nap every day when Olive does and would love for me to join him.  Oliver has become a kitty pillow of sorts.  I found them watching cartoons together on my bed and Oliver was purring so I know he wasn't be tortured.  It's taken almost 3 years for them to love each other so it's fun to see my fur babies loving my baby.

 // 5 //
Chocolate Bunny
It's a guarantee that if Kevin goes to the store he's coming home with something fun for our daughter - cookies, treats, playdoh, etc.  He thinks of things I'd never think of picking up and she adores her random surprises.  This week he came home with a chocolate bunny for her and she was THRILLED.  I was impressed with her self control because she just ate the ears and then moved on.  She's lucky to have such a sweet daddy.


Be sure and check out my favorite posts from this week:
February Recipe Round Up on Monday with my favorite recipes of the month

It's All in the Sprinkle Details about the shower favors I made


I hope you have a really great weekend!!
Do you have any fun plans?
We don't have any big plans and are hoping to to cross some things off our long to do lists for the month.




15 comments:

  1. Those "F" cookies are super cute. It's nice that he brings Olive sweet gifts home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet daddy!!! And you know I love all news involving your cats :-) We are on the hunt for another cat. Any tips? You obviously know how to pick 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clover! I have stayed away from sites like zulily and wayfair only because I know I'll get hooked and start buying everything. That is so sweet of Kevin to buy her little things like that. I've done that for my niece and nephew; it's the little things they like! We have zero plans made up; except cleaning. I'm hoping to find a Kitchenaid on sale in the Kohl's add. So possibly making a trip to the big city! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to comment on your post yesterday- the pretzels you made look SO good!! And seriously- they are the PERFECT treat! And so versatile as far as toppings you can put on them! And I love how Kevin always brings Olive a treat- so special and sweet of him- definitely something she will always remember about her daddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cookies and the Fletcher banner are SO cute! What a fun sprinkle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, now I want a chocolate bunny! I love cinnamon rolls, too! Looking forward to the recipe! That shamrock is just perfect for you guys! Happy weekend!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smart girl, the ears are the best part!!!! I love how sweet your cats are... our cat is not into my boys at all and just hides from them... which makes them chase her and makes her despise them more. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cookies look so amazing. They are cute and with all that icing I just know they were too good. I'm looking forward to that recipe. I love learning about new breakfast foods. Kevin is super sweet. Olive is one lucky little gal. Y'all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The clover is too cute and that salad looks amazing! Happy Friday! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cats haha! We have 2 that are always lounging somewhere! So excited for your new little one- have a great night

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved your posts about Fletcher's sprinkle - it's getting close! :) So glad to hear all your children are getting along these days. Haha. My cats never hiss or growl unless there are children in our house...so I think adjusting to a busy little cutie like Olive is a pretty impressive accomplishment for your cats! :) My sister sat on my (already grouchy) cat when she was a toddler and that cat never, ever forgave her. Haha! Have a lovely weekend!

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  12. THOSE CINNAMON ROLLSSSSSS oh my

    I love that clover! Such a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet sprinkle party! Enjoy the last few weeks as a family of 3! Can't believe you're nearing the end. :) And I'll be anxiously awaiting that cinnamon roll recipe! YUM!!!! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these highlights! That clover is great - paint it green! And glad the cinnamon rolls were good. I can't wait for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait for that cinnamon roll recipe. The teaser photos look amazing! Hope you are having a great Monday Whitney!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.