Friday, March 11, 2016

Happy Friday!

 
Happy Friday!  I hope you had a nice week.  I hated saying goodbye to Peyton Manning's playing days in the NFL and definitely shed a few tears during his retirement press conference.  He's my favorite and I'm excited to see what he does next.  We enjoyed some low key rainy days, splashed in puddles, went to the park with friends, crossed some things off of our baby to do list and tried to put my feet up as much as possible now that I'm in my 35th week of pregnancy. 

  The best parts of my week:

// 1 //
Tow Yard Brewery
Last weekend Kevin surprised me with a little adventure to Indianapolis.  We had a groupon and so he said that we'd head out right after Olive work up from her nap.  It was a quick one hour trip and we had a blast!  The food was amazing and the atmosphere was so fun!  The brewery is right across the street from Lucas Oil Stadium and they had special seating for families that was a little quieter than the rest of the brewery.  Kevin said their craft beer was delicious and I'd say their pretzel bites and burgers were good enough that I'm dying to go back again ASAP.


// 2 //
St. Patrick's Day DIY Cards
We tried a new technique - stamping - to make our St. Patrick's Day cards for friends and family this year.  We had a great time and Olive caught on quickly.  She stamped the cards & envelopes and then helped me lick them closed.  It's our tradition to make St. Pat's Day cards so it was fun try something a little new.

// 3 //
 Kate Spade Diaper Bag
I purchased my first Kate Spade diaper bag back in 2013 for Olive and I used it until the straps fell off.  It was so durable and I carried that thing daily for almost 3 years before saying goodbye to it.  So it was a no brainer where I was going to be shopping for a diaper bag this time around.  I wanted to pick something that wasn't too girlie, but that I still loved and the STRIPES were the winner for me.  The bag is even prettier in person and it's currently packed with tiny baby boy things ready to head to the hospital sometime in the coming weeks.

// 4 //
Oh BOY!
I bought Fletcher his first bow tie this week!  I couldn't resist this cute plaid option from Target and I picked up some F monogrammed note cards to use as baby thank you note cards.  I also cut tags off of my tiniest baby things and did my first load of baby boy laundry.  It was adorable and definitely helped me to feel a little more ready for his arrival.
 

// 5 //
 Winner!
I've been on a contest winning streak lately!  I won a book, a monogrammed bag and most recently this adorable My First Tervis sippy cup for Olive.  It came from Weeping Willow Monograms on etsy and her shop has so many cute cup and personalized options for adults and kids.  I love my Tervis tumbler so I hope Olive does, too.  This one is going in her Easter basket!

Be sure and check out my favorite posts from this week:
 


I hope you have a really great weekend!!
 

Linking up with HodgesPodges, Oh Hey Friday!

14 comments:

  1. What a fun, quick day trip!!! I have never heard of that brewery- but of course, we don't get out much! HA! Sounds like a place Aaron and I would love to try!! I am absolutely IN LOVE with your new diaper bag!!! The size, shape and the stripes are seriously PERFECT! And stop it with the bow tie for Fletcher. I can't even handle it!!!! Hope you have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That diaper bag is SO cute! Love love love it!!! The brewery and the food look so yummy, too!
    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every thing about this breathes smiles in me. It won't be long now and you'll be sharing baby #2 with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bag is so cute! I love the new cup for Olive and the bowtie, too! Pretzel bites are totally up my alley! YUM!

    Have a great weekend!
    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I want pretzels!!!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that bag!!! You are one stylish Mama!! I love it! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That diaper bag is just everything. Love it.

    www.shesleaninginblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to watch Peyton's retirement speech! It will certainly be weird without him next year!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That personalized cup is adorable. The Tow Yard Brewery looks like the kind of place I'd enjoy eating at. Since you like to enter giveaways, you may want to know that I have several going on at my blog. They're all listed at the top left hand side of my blog at www(dot)heckofabunch(dot)com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love that diaper bag! I'm currently using an Olivia + Joy handbag as a diaper bag because I wanted something a little less girlie for our little guy too. Looks like we're both in that nesting stage as well: I was just about to start packing my hospital bag and do some baby laundry! I can't wait to meet our little fellas!

    Mariah
    www.faithandfashionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your diaper bag! It's not only stylish but super functional too. Glad you had a fun family date!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That brewery looks UH-mazing. Now I want some beer and pretzels :). I am loving that bag to it is super cute and fun but totally practical, love it! I hope you are having a great week friend.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.