Thursday, April 10, 2014

TINY Batch of Cinnamon Rolls

Cinnamon rolls are a staple at my house.  
I make them often and we consume far too many treats :)
I came across the idea of making a TINY batch of cinnamon rolls and I was in!
The recipe makes SIX cinnamon rolls
so it was PERFECT for a few people and kept us from eating tons of treats.

They were SOOOOOOOOOOOO yummy that I think this is my new go to recipe.
They are easy to make, so tasty
AND can be done in less than one hour!!
*The recipe could easily be doubled or tripled for larger groups*

Ingredients for dough:
1 packet of quick rising yeast
1 c warm water
1 t sugar
dash of salt
4 T butter at room temp
1 1/2 c flour
1 T cinnamon

Cinnamony filling:
5 T softened butter
1 T flour
6+ T brown sugar
3 T cinnamon
optional: 1 c pecans

Frosting:
1/2 c softened butter
1 bag confectioner's sugar
1 t vanilla
2-3 T milk

 Combine warm water, yeast and sugar and let proof.
Add flour, salt and cinnamon in a mixer and combine.
Let rise for 20 minutes.
 Combine all ingredients for filling:

 Roll dough out on a floured counter.
 Put dollops of filling around the dough and spread out evenly.
 top with chopped pecans

 Roll up the dough tightly and cut into 6 generous cinnamon rolls.
Let rise for 10-15 minutes on a warm oven.
 Bake at 400 for 14-16 minutes.

 Combine all frosting ingredients until well blended.

 Generously spoon icing on top of warm rolls and let it melt over the whole roll.

Let cool and plate.
 Enjoy one or two!!
 I can't wait to make these yummy cinnamon rolls again real soon!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE reading your blog! I enjoy hearing (and laughing) at Olive's grown up conversations and Fletcher's all boy antics. Sounds like you and Kev are wonderful parents as well. My husband loves cinnamon rolls and I like the idea of a small batch that doesn't take all day to make. When I tried to roll the dough out it was extremely sticky so much so that I couldn't really roll them up after putting on the filling. I double checked the amount of flour - 1 1/2 cup. Are they supposed to be that way? Still hoping they taste as good as yours. Thanks!
    PS - not sure if I am doing this right. I have never commented on a blog. I may send you an email if this doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.