Friday, March 18, 2016

The Best Parts

Happy Friday!  Hope you've had a fun week.  We had a really GREAT week at our house.

My hubby was on Spring Break so we relaxed, did some things out of our normal routine, filled out our NCAA brackets and CLOSED ON OUR NEW HOUSE!!  Hip, hip, HOORAY!  We've been house hunting since Fall and were thrilled to get all of our ducks in a row to close on St. Patrick's Day.  Looking forward to seeing some family this weekend, making plans to do some updates on the house & move in next month.

The best parts of my week were:

// 1 //
WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!
We rented a condo for the year when we moved to Indiana and pretty quickly started scoping out neighborhoods, schools, areas of town that we wanted to live in last Fall.  So it's really exciting that we were able to purchase an amazing home with tons of charm in an area of town that we love.  Can't wait to tell you more about it :)  We aren't in a huge hurry to move in because there are some projects we're hoping to tackle with the help of my dad before we invade the place.

// 2 //
That's a WRAP on my 36th Week
I'm wrapping up my 36th week of pregnancy and things are going well.  We're into the twice a week appointments which is always tricky with a toddler.  Luckily, Kevin usually works it out so he can be home with her which is super helpful.  My blood pressure has actually gone down (which is the opposite of what happened towards the end of my 1st pregnancy), my blood work all came back good and so we're just trucking along for the next few weeks.  My doctor said we could start talking about being induced at 38 weeks so our hospital bags are packed!!  See you soon little Fletcher.

// 3 //
LUCKY to Have You Dinner
We had an excellent St. Patrick's Day and squeezed in lots of rainbow goodness yesterday!  We ate delicious food and had a great day.  We're feeling extra lucky this year with all the exciting things going on at our house - new house, baby on the way and lots to look forward to.



// 4 //
EASTER
I finished my Easter chalkboards, finished Olive's Easter basket and added some Spring touches to our house.  Nothing over the top, but it definitely feels like Spring.  We've also been enjoying a ridiculous amount of Easter candy - Cadbury eggs, jolly rancher jelly beans and chocolate :)



// 5 //
FRESH THYME MARKET
Our city just got a new Fresh Thyme Market and we're obsessed!  Have you ever heard of them?  They seem to be popping up all over the Midwest.  We got some coupons in the mail and headed in to check out their super sales for the week.  $0.88 for a pound of strawberries and the most delicious salt water taffy for $1.99/lb won us over.  We made two trips there this week to restock up on those items because we loved them so much.  The store is so bright and cheery and the employees are, too.  We picked up a fresh pizza for dinner and some other produce.  The store reminds me a lot of Trader Joes so I'm excited to familiarize myself with the place.  I'm also a HUGE fan of any store that goes out of their way to be sweet to kids.  They have a hidden tractor up at the registers and if kids point it out to the cashier they get a sucker.  We'll definitely be back :)



Be sure and check out my favorite posts from this week:
I hope you have a really great weekend!!
 
Linking up with HodgesPodges, Oh Hey Friday!

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the house!!!! Thats so super exciting!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the house! So exciting! I love the big window! Happy Friday!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge congrats on the house Whitney. Your mini you is adorable. I love her flower headbands and her St. Patty's tee. And look at all that Easter candy!

    If you like, you can join my new linkup today. It is currently live! Thank you and Happy St. Patrick's Weekend! Ada. =)

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2016/03/thursday-moda-3-and-st-patricks-green.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on buying a house!! That is so exciting!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun week! I can't wait to see pics of your house -- post them soon! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay on the house!!! I can't wait to see all of the pictures. I know yesterday was an exciting day for y'all. Y'all have been very lucky this year and it couldn't happen to a sweeter family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Major congratulations on your new home!! I cannot wait to see pictures of it!!! And we have a Fresh Thyme that opened last summer- RIGHT BY OUR HOUSE. It is so close we can walk to it!!! Their sales are incredible, I love their deli and it is just the cutest grocery store!! So fun you guys have one now too!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!!!! We just bought a house and moved in September, it's an amazing feeling.. once you get past the actual moving part. Ha. I'm glad your BP is going down, and I can't believe you will have a little boy so very soon!!! Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had an exciting week with lots of good things happening...About to give birth and moving to your very own home..So happy for you, Kev, Olive and oh yes Fetcher too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay on closing on your home!! LOVE that big window! I think I would spend all my time curled up there reading a good book :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yay! Congratulations on the new home! I can't wait to read more about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY!! I'm so excited that you were able to close on your new house! Glad things are going well for you and Fletcher. I'm always excited to visit a new grocery store - that one looks awesome!! Enjoy your weekend!

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your new house!! How exciting! We LOVE Fresh Thyme, too!!! Make sure you go on Thursdays because you get the deals for the week before and the new deals, too. Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on the house, so exciting! You are looking so good for 36 weeks too! Hope the next few weeks continue to go smoothly for you :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the new house I can't wait to see it. Are you thinking you'll be moving post baby I would guess?! Fresh Thyme looks like a great store. I wish we had some better choices around here. It's Aldi, Sams & Walmart for me. I hope you had a great Sunday friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the new house! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.