Happy October to you!! It was a lovely fall week in Indiana. The weather was great and I loved having some rain. We had just enough to enjoy a relaxing time at home baking some pumpkin treats. I'm in the mood for soups, crock pot meals and lots of football.
The best part of our week were:
1. I ordered these Halloween plates from Pottery Barn Kids a few weeks ago and they arrived just in time to kick off October. They were on sale and I can't wait to use them for many years to come. I kind of think of them as a holiday investment that Olive will love eating off of for a long time. They are a great size, have washed really well and are adorable. I'm also excited for the coordinating alphabet place mats to help teach Olive her letters.
2. I picked up some new Fall nail polish this week at Wal-Mart. The brand Sinful Colors is less than $2 a bottle, made in the USA and I love it! I have two summery pinks and now this fun fall color called You Goji! I painted my toes this week and my two year old said - "Where's the pink?" haha I didn't realize she paid that much attention to my toes :)
3. I've heard great things about Hands Free Life and am anxious to get busy reading it! Have any of you read it yet?? I started One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp and kind of hated it. I just couldn't get into it and felt confused by the writing style from the very beginning. I keep trying to pick it up again, but I think I'm just going to wave the white flag on it and put it in my donate pile.
4. We packed up all the goodies for a tailgating lunch last weekend and I wasn't sure how I'd bring all the condiments we'd need for brats. I decided to squirt them all into plastic bags, bring scissors to snip off the end and then we just squirted out what we needed. It worked out perfectly and we didn't have to mess with hauling the bottles back and forth :) I also tried a new recipe for Easy French Dip Sandwiches. They were delicious and really EASY.
5. We headed up to Notre Dame for game day last weekend and had an amazing time!! It was so much fun, the weather was perfect and it was neat to introduce Olive to ND. Looking forward to watching the ND/Clemson game this weekend with our family.
Any fun plans for your weekend?
Hope you have a great one :)