Wednesday, October 28, 2015

October Recipe Club

It's time to round up my favorite recipes from this month to share with you.  I cook dinner 5-6 nights a week and pick my best recipes to share with you.  I usually try a few new recipes a month and then make our favorites the rest of the time.  Hope you enjoy our favorites:

TACO PASTA

This was a really tasty twist on our usual pasta dishes.  I had never made a mexican pasta dish before so this was a fun meal to try this month.  You'll need:
1/2 box of mini farfalle pasta
1/2 lb seasoned ground chicken
1 jar of your favorite salsa
1/2 c sour cream
shredded cheddar 

Combine the sour cream and salsa in a bowl.
Cook and season the chicken while the noodles boil.
Grease a baking dish.
Combine all ingredients and stir until noodles are well coated.
 
I served the pasta with lettuce, salsa, green onions, sour cream and jalapenos.


 BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA
I've shared this recipe before - it's definitely a family favorite.


TURKEY PITA POCKETS
We had these for lunches and dinner this month.  I bought a bag of wheat pitas, cut them in half and then stuffed them full of our favorite sandwich goodies.  This one was our favorite and it has pepper turkey, honey mustard, cheese, lettuce, cucumbers, red peppers and purple onions in it.


OPEN FACED FAJITAS:
My husband grilled thin chicken breasts that I marinated in taco seasoning, we sliced them and built our own fajitas.  We used soft taco shells, beans, grilled chicken, sauteed peppers and onions, lettuce, tomatoes, and taco sauce. 


BUILD YOUR OWN NACHOS
 We had all of the ingredients for nachos so it was a no brainer to whip these up for an easy dinner one night.  My family loved them.  Sometimes I make them with chips on the bottom and other times I make it more like a dip and put the chips on the side.  Either way is delicious.

You'll need:
tortilla chips, refried beans, seasoned ground chicken, salsa,
black olives, jalapenos, sharp cheddar cheese
and lettuce, tomatoes & sour cream to top them with.

Here's how I layered the ingredients:


My last two recommendations are easy, store bought items that are a great addition to any meal.  
 SESAME ASIAN SALAD
We got a coupon for this Dole Chopped Salad Kit and picked up the Sesame Asian variety.  It was perfect to divide in half because there were two dressing packets and tons of salad mix.  It was so tasty that I'll definitely be picking it up again for en easy side.

FRENCH TOAST STICKS
 French Toast Sticks have sounded amazing to me all month long so I picked up a $6 box of them at Sams.  They come in four small bags so it's easy to eat them a little at a time.  The bake for ten minutes and are soooooooo good.  We've had breakfast for dinner and then eaten them for breakfast this month.

 What have you been cooking this month?
Leave a comment or a link to your favorite recipe for me.

Linking up with Momfessionals today.

11 comments:

  1. So many yummy recipes!! I love all of the Mexican-flavored ones haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...please excuse me while I go make ALL of these. Holy yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! Should NOT have read this just before lunch. Everything looks so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are HUGE BBQ chicken pizza fans over here! Can't wait to give your taco pasta a try - looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all did lots of yummy Mexican dishes this month. I love Mexican food! I am really digging those nachos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummmm that taco pasta looks delish!!

    Lauren :)
    ohheyilikethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I am suddenly hungry! Taco pasta sounds great and I still need to try some bbq pizza! So much yuminess lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with everyone else that your recipe posts make me SO hungry! :) I haven't had french toast sticks since I was a kid, but those do sound really good. Nachos are always a good idea too! Annnd I'm off to raid the fridge.

    http://comehomeforcomfort.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These all look so good!! Taco pasta probably has to go on next weeks menu!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love French toast sticks. I've been looking for a good recipe to make and freeze them at home.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.