Monday, October 26, 2015

Weekending: FALL Festivities

We enjoyed a little bit of everything this weekend - take out, afternoon naps for everyone, rain, playing in the leaves, getting pumpkins, grilling out, house hunting and going to a fall festival.  It was great and we're all looking forward to some extra fun festivities this week of Halloween.

We met some friends for lunch on Friday and headed to the park afterwards.  
The weather was perfect and our girls had a great time.

 We worked on Halloween crafts together in our pjs and super hero capes.  Kevin snapped this picture while we were hard at work.  I love finding things like this on my phone later on in the day.

 We grilled burgers and played in the dirt.

 We had planned to go to a fun pumpkin patch this year, but we saw some cute pumpkins at the grocery store.  We let Olive pick out one of each of us and appreciated the convenience of getting groceries and pumpkins all in the same stop.  Convenience won out and Olive was pleased as punch with our pumpkins - win/win.  Maybe we'll do the pumpkin patch next year :)

We finished out the weekend going to the Fall Fest at our country club.  The weather was so nice and we had a wonderful time.  There was a bonfire, hot chocolate, cider, beer, s,mores, snacks, hayrides and leaves.  A little bit of something for everyone.



 I shared my lemonade, rice krispy treat and other snacks with Olive, but she was not a fan of my s'more.  Yay for me!  Kevin toasted marshmallows for me and Olive ate her share of plain mini marshmallows.

 The fun parent was up to his tricks once again :)

 These two are the sweetest :)

It's been years since we've gotten to enjoy Fall in the Midwest and we are loving it!!

 I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
What was the best part??

4 comments:

  1. So much fun! I LOVE Olive's Halloween dress. Looks like a fantastic weekend together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that Olive could POSSIBLY be any cuter! What a fun family weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olive not liking smores is the first thing we don't have in common. Tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun! I am loving all things fall and halloween. Dan also snaps some random pictures of me and Olivia and I love finding them on my phone! They are never great, but the memories are priceless. I have the hardest time remembering to be in pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.