Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Recipe Club: French Dip

I came across this recipe on A.Liz Adventures for French Dip and was anxious to give this easy dinner a try.  My husband was skeptical because he'd never eaten French Dip, but I figured it would be tasty.  

 I made a few changes to her recipe.
Here's my Easy French Dip
1 can beef consomme
1 can french onion soup
1 pkg of 6 hoagie buns
1 yellow onion 
salt
1 lb shaved roast beef from the deli counter
1 package of provolone - 12 pieces

Thinly slice onion and saute. 
Combine both cans and heat on the stove top.
Add in the roast beef and bring to a boil.

Open the hoagie rolls and pile on the meat. 
Place them on a cookie sheet.
Add sauteed onions.
Sprinkle with salt.
top with provolone - two slices per sandwich.

Put open sandwiches in the oven on broil for 2-4 minutes or until golden brown.
Give each person a small bowl of the remaining liquid
 to dip their sandwiches in during their meal.

*recipe makes 6 sandwiches

We LOVED these sandwiches and will definitely have them again!

 Our favorite dessert this month has been brownie sundaes.
I have never made a great homemade brownie so I always buy Triple Chunk Brownies in a box.  They are delicious.  We like to top them with mini M&Ms before they bake.

I shared a weekly menu with some of my favorite recipes from this month a few weeks ago.
Here are the highlights:
Smoked Sausage, Peppers &Onions

Homemade french fries and ribeyes
BLT

What are your favorite dinners from this month?

Linking up with Momfessionals today for Recipe Club

9 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks delicious! I think Paul would really enjoy this one - pinned for later. :)

    http://comehomeforcomfort.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meals all look so good!!! I love the recipe you shared for french dip. It's one of my fave things to order in a diner setting, but I rarely make it because I always feel like I need to cook my own roast beef, and then it just starts to feel like too many steps. ;-) #lazy I love the idea of getting it from the deli. Great menu idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm sitting here just about to go eat lunch and this looks so good! I never make french dips, but I totally should!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your meals look so yummy! With the rain and storms (and cooler temps!) coming through for the weekend, the french dip might be making its way to our menu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMmmm those french dips look SO good. I wish Russ liked French dips more :(.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You seriously cook the best stuff! I always love to see what is going on in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came here from your H54F post and realized your recipe is exactly what I use! My mom got it from a friend a few years ago and we all use it because it's so so good! I love that I can get all the ingredients at Aldi, except for beef consomme and roast beef! Makes it a super cheap and easy weeknight meal.

    Mariah
    www.faithandfashionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That french dip looks so good. I have been craving meat this time around. The brownie sundae looks so good, especially now that sweets are my friend again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That French dip looks good. I'm all about sandwiches because they're easy for two people.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.