Monday, October 12, 2015

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1THtw0RD1CQ/VhbDppnFEpI/AAAAAAAAyT4/mHgjRNmDHqA/s1600/Oct6iphone%2B081.JPG 
I mentioned these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins on the blog Friday 
and realized that I'd never shared this recipe with you!

I've shared plenty of pumpkin treats with you over the last 4 years:

 
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WGesgiaWJFs/VBZdFkCjm0I/AAAAAAAAoRc/fLjR_fJuMuQ/s1600/Sept11iphone%2B096.JPG
 

I was first introduced to Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bread when we lived in Utah.  Our local Great Harvest Bread Company made delicious PCCB and my students would often bring me loaves of it.  IT was so good that I had to find a recipe of my own.  I've been making this recipe every Fall for years.  It's great for a treat, to bring to a carry in or to just enjoy with you family.

 3 1/2 c flour (I mix half white flour and half wheat flour if I have it)
3 c sugar (I've substituted cinnamon apple sauce for sugar and oil for a healthier version)
2 t baking soda
1 t salt
3 t cinnamon
1/2 t ginger
15 oz pumpkin puree
1 c oil
4 eggs beaten
2/3 c water
1-2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (save a handful to sprinkle on top of muffins before baking) 

Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Mix pumpkin, oil, eggs and water together until well blended.
Stir in dry ingredients.
Add in chocolate chips.

Scoop muffins into a greased pan.

Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
If you want to make loaves of bread, just bake for 45-50 minutes.

I made my last batch and froze the majority of them.  I wrapped them in Saran Wrap 4 at a time and then sealed several sets in a gallon ziploc bag.  I've taken out the little packets over the last few weeks, let them thaw to room temp and we've really enjoyed them.  The adults and toddler in our house all find these muffins delicious.

Disclaimer: I only like FRESH baked goods and am really picked about not eating stale treats so I was really pleasantly surprised that these muffins taste so FRESH after being frozen.  It's been such a time saver and we've enjoyed muffins for several weeks instead of wolfing them all down at once.

I usually love to make these muffins in my favorite pumpkin pan,
but it's buried in storage so I opted to not dig it out this year.


Enjoy!!
Do you have a favorite pumpkin treat recipe that you love??
Leave me the link in the comments because I'd love to give it a try.

5 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of anything pumpkin, but I do love a good pumpkin muffin! These sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious and I love the festive plate too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pumpkin and chocolate chip are my favs! The muffin pan is really cute. I haven't seen one of those. I need to make these and freeze so I can take them out for a quick breakfast. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMmmm!!!! That tin is so cute too, but I don't blame you one bit for skipping out on it, next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need that pumpkin pan!!! How adorable is that.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.