Friday, October 23, 2015

Happy Friday!!


Happy Friday to you!  Hope you had a wonderful week.  We enjoyed a nice week at my house complete with delicious pumpkin pancakes!  The best parts were...

1. I'm 15 weeks along with baby #2 and the baby is the size of an orange this week.  I love pointing out the food item to Olive each week and telling her how big our baby is.  She always hugs, kisses and snuggles the food.  She'll say, "Oh it's so cute mama!"  I can't wait to see this big sister in action next Spring.

2. I just finished reading Hands Free Life by Rachel Macy Stafford and it was AMAZING!  Probably the best book I've read in years.  There were so many take away points and I took notes on most pages throughout the whole book.  It definitely made me reevaluate my boundaries and priorities.  Check back next week for more details and reasons why you must read it!!

 3. I ordered this pumpkin shirt for Olive to wear for Fall this year and it's so cute in person!  I found it on Oh Sweet Sprouts via instagram and they have an etsy shop.  Everything they make is adorable.  It takes a few weeks for things to arrive so make sure to plan ahead when you're ordering.  I love that it's a pumpkin and not a jack-o-lantern so she can wear it through Thanksgiving.  I also ordered a 4T so she'd be able to wear it for several Falls.  My best tip for buying adorable holiday clothes is to size up so you get an extra year out of an outfit.  We did that with Olive's Christmas dress, a monogrammed Valentine's dress and this pumpkin shirt.  It's also great to stock up after the holiday when things go on clearance for the following year.

4. I just discovered the best TIGHTS in the history of tights.  They are Assets Red Hot Label Spanx and I found them for around $20 at Kohls.  The are thick, solid black, comfy and give you a little tuck/shape.  I sized up so there would be room for my growing baby bump.  I have already worn them several times and I know I'll be wearing them all Fall & Winter.

5. My husband had to work late to attend a new faculty reception this week and he rushed home afterwards to his girls.  He surprised us with his and hers sundaes.  I love chocolate and he loves caramel.  It was a nice treat to end the day with :)


Any fun plans for your weekend?  
Hope you have a great one :)   I'm hoping we can get some pumpkins to paint, enjoy watching some football together, have lunch with a friend from elementary school and finalize our Halloween plans for next week.

12 comments:

  1. I just got a pair of those tights (but the maternity version) on Amazon and they had the best reciews of all the ones I looked at. I wore them yesterday and loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on those tights - I love ones that have some support in them! McDonalds has such good hot fudge sauce, and what a sweet hubby to bring treats home with him! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww i am sure she is going to be the best big sister! Adorable with the fruit!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shirt is stinkin' cute! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in major need of new tights so I will definitely be picking those up! Thank you! And Olive is so cute - I can't wait to see her as big sister either!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Those hot fudge sundaes look so delicious right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pumpkin O shirt is so sweet! Olive is one of my favorite girl names, and your Olive is just adorable! I have been on the lookout for new tights I will have to find a place to buy these in Canada!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pumpkin shirt! She's going to be a great big sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing that Etsy shop I'll have to check that out, what a cute shirt! Nothing like a McDonald's sundae to make things better :) Having a great weekend here, boys are napping (sort of) and I'm drinking warm apple cider and watching Twilight: New Moon, again :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the cutest shirt! I'll definitely be checking out their etsy shop. Lucy has a Mud Pie outfit for Christmas this year but next year I'm hoping to get her something personalized. I'll definitely try to order a size up to get more wear out of it!

    Mariah
    www.faithandfashionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have me so very intrigued about that book! Can't wait to read more. LOVE that monogrammed shirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That shirt is so cute!! I might have to run out and get those tights. I can't fit in my normal ones now, so I need a new pair anyway. And they were talking on the radio that mcdonalds sundaes have gotten smaller - were they smaller?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.