Friday, October 9, 2015

The Best Parts

The first full week of October has been a nice one at my house.  We've stuck close to home, enjoyed the perfect weather and made some fun plans for the rest of the month.  I got out our Halloween decorations and the house feels super festive now.  

The best parts of my week were...

1. We had family photos last weekend with my family.  Everyone wore some combination of black, white, gray and mustard and looked so good.  I can't wait to see the poofs.  Olive did pretty well with the help of Smarties.  I love this tradition we do together every other year.  It was great to see everyone and share our baby #2 news!!

2. I picked up this Halloween banner kit at TJ Maxx for $6.  There were three banners in it and I can't wait to string them together and hang them in the house.   I also can't wait to make some candy corn shaped sugar cookies with this cute cookie cutter set.  I usually make pumpkins this time of year, but I think the candy corn will be fun for this year.  I think I'll make some for Kevin's co-workers, students and get to know some of our neighbors better with a cookie delivery.

3. I have been on the hunt for rain/snow boots for Olive for this Fall and Winter.  I didn't want to spend a bundle and Meijer came through.  I LOVE the look of the Hunter patent black boots, but couldn't justify the $60+ price tag for toddler boots.  So these $10 boots were a perfect compromise.  Olive loves them and wears them around the house all day.  Can't wait for some puddles to jump in and snow to play in :)  

4. I got out our Halloween decorations during nap time one day this week.  I don't have a ton, but I ended up with some fun things from all my years of teaching.  My cute students would often give me Halloween presents and I love pulling them out every year.  Olive woke up from her nap and said, "Oh goodness!  I just love these pumpkins!!"  Then proceeded to rearrange everything within her reach.   

5. I made my favorite pumpkin chocolate chip muffins as my first pumpkin treat of the season.  They were delicious.  I ended up freezing half of the batch because it made a lot.  I wrapped them in plastic wrap, put them in ziplocs and have been thawing a few at a time.  They were delicious and it was so convenient.  I'm definitely remembering this trick for the future.

Any fun plans for your weekend?  
Hope you have a great one :)
 

9 comments:

  1. Oh Olive's mustard coat is the CUTEST- LOVE! What a fun fallish week! I've been a little lame with my few fall/Halloween touches I bothered to drag out of attic. The attic is such a mess of baby stuff piled in front of all decor- I don't know what we're going to do come Christmas time!! hah Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Olive's outfit! Yellow is just calling my name this year. Happy Weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color palette you picked for your family pics! Can't wait to see more!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all your fall decor, Whitney! Olive looks adorable (as always) too! ;) Have a fantastic upcoming weekend! xo - Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you link to the recipe you use for these muffins? They look so delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try the Smarties trick with Jack. I think it would work. You have some really cute Halloween decorations! Those plates are still so super cute. I need to make muffins (and other breakfast food) and freeze them. I always have a hard time finding breakfast food on the weekdays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If we could add up the teacher gifts we receive. It is always nice to pull out and remember the little guys and gals that gave them to us. I bet Olive enjoyed the rearranging. Hannah does the same thing anytime something new is put out. This morning I woke up to find my bedside clock rearranged, threw me, military time, December, and the date was the 14th. I thought I was dreaming. Oh no, it was Hannah at her rearranging again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Olives outfit and those rain boots, SO perfect.

    I am all about freezing the treats so many things work so well that way. I tend to bake A LOT at once and off in the freezer all kinds of loaves of sweet breads go. Nice when you need something in a pinch too!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.