Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Dutch Baby Pancakes

I have always wanted to try making Dutch Baby Pancakes or German Pancakes so I made it happen one icy day in January.  I had all of the ingredients on hand and my kids really enjoyed them.  It reminded me of french toast + pancakes with all the eggs in it.


I loved that you just mix all the ingredients really well and then bake it.  It's much faster than doing french toast or pancakes for breakfast.

Ingredients:

1 cup flour

8 eggs

1 cup milk

sprinkle of salt

6T butter

1 t vanilla

1/4 cup sugar

1 T cinnamon - I did not add this, but I wish that I would have.  I will add cinnamon for extra flavor going forward for some extra flavor.

Toppings: Powdered sugar, syrup and berries


Mix all the ingredients together except for the 6 T melted butter.  Put the butter in your 9x13 baking dish and melt it in your oven as it preheats.  Then pour the well combined mixture on top of the melted butter in the pan.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.





I baked my Dutch Baby Pancakes in my smaller upper oven.  Next time I'll bake it in the larger over below so that it has room to rise and won't get quite as brown on the edges.


A generous dusting of powdered sugar once it comes out of the oven.  Serve right away.

Yum!  We all agreed that it was delicious right out of the oven, but that it had a funny texture when we tried to eat it for leftovers the next day.  Keep that in mind for your breakfast planning.

Have you ever made Dutch Baby Pancakes?  They were yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.