Wednesday, December 20, 2023

2023 Family Pictures & Our Christmas Card Shot

Merry Christmas from my family to yours!

We've been taking photo Christmas cards and mailing out cards every year since we got married in 2004.  My mom started the tradition when I was little.  She'd snap pictures, turn in the film and hope she got a good picture.  I mail out a lot of cards each year.  It's one of my favorite Christmas traditions.  And we all look forward to checking the mail in December and seeing our friend's faces show up in our mailbox.

My parents met us at University of Evansville to snap some pictures for us.  They've done this several times and it's so helpful.  We scheduled it after school, after work and before the sun set.

 

Of course we postponed because of cold weather. 

Of course the weather was much warmer than we expected the next week so we had to change outfits last minute.  

Of course one of the kids outgrew all of their pants overnight.  

Of course the time changed that week and we had to scramble to squeeze in pictures before the sun set.  

And of course the very first picture we took was the best one of the night!

 

Family pictures are always so much work - especially for mom - but it's always worth it!

Our 2023 card:


Our favorite pictures from the photo shoot:

I loved all the smiles and expressions from everyone here.  It captures the 2023 version of us perfectly.


The Fall leaves on campus were so pretty!  These were all close contenders for favorite shot!






Leo picked up more things and smiled less as the pictures dragged on for him.  It's hard to be 3!


We stopped by to see the new clinic afterwards and the kids were thrilled to be done!  We promised them a delicious dinner at their favorite spot afterwards and a little arcade money if pictures were easy.  Good deal for everyone!

Congrats to all of you who also survived family pictures and ended up with sweet Christmas cards this year!

4 comments:

  1. Your 2023 Christmas card is absolutely wonderful! The effort and coordination paid off with a beautiful family photo. The tradition of sending and receiving cards adds such warmth to the holiday season.

    Check out this page for information on Christmas furniture collection 2023 discounts and special offers on furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about Christmas cards!! I love sending and receiving! I even started doing a Christmas letter a few years ago when I decreased my social media use since it's a nice way to update friends and family yearly-- plus I love looking back and reading the letters to see how the kids have grown. Your pictures all look beautiful!!! We snapped one after church one morning when I coordinated our outfits and used that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww you guys are adorable!! Your parents did a great job! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some really great pictures! Your crew sure has grown up this year - they are precious! <3

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.