Friday, April 21, 2023

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  I hope you've had a nice week.  Ours was good - Spring festivities, sick day, luncheons and lots of time outside.  Did you catch my blog posts this week?

10 Tips for Hosting an Awesome Sky Zone Party - such a fun and easy party spot for kids!

Cheddar Bay Biscuits - so easy and so good!

Love Your People by Personalizing Your Grocery List - this tip works for all families!  If you're empty nesters or have a house full of kids.  Your family will love this!

Now on to the highlights of our week:

1// Signs of Spring & Sunrise

It looks like we aren't the only ones working hard to make our house a home.  We found this robin's nest in our new trees in our tree line along the back fence.  It has been so fun to keep on eye on it all week long and watch the nest fill with eggs.


2 // Bedroom Makeovers

I have been having so much fun gathering things for the kid's new bedroom set ups.  Olive will move to her own room and the boys will share a room.  They've all got big ideas and I'm doing my best to find mushrooms, night sky and dinosaurs.  Here's a sneak peek from the boys' room.  Target and Walmart have the cutest, most affordable twin sheet options that won't break the bank.


3 // Spring Choir Concert

Olive had her Spring choir concert this week and she did great.  She's enjoyed singing with her friends after school so much.  They did such a nice job that their season got extended so that they could sing at the 6th grade graduation.  She was thrilled!  Instead of giving her after the show flowers, I got her an after the show plant for her room, her favorite pumpkin cookies and a note from all of us.  We're going to let the roots sprout at little more and then plant it in a cute pot.



4 // Sick Day Chores

Fletcher got sick over the weekend so he stayed home on Monday.  By midday he was feeling much better and eager to do some projects with me.  He helped me take all the cushions off our chairs an couches and vacuum them out.  He did a great job!  He said "I think people would hire me to do this job for them!"  He's got his eyes set on vacuuming out my van next.  Yay!

Another highlight is that we finally found a vacuum that we like.  Ours broke and then we tried out several until we landed on this one.  The first once was too heavy.  The second one wouldn't stay put together and this one has worked great on our wood floors, rugs, carpet and now furniture.  I'll put my link here in case anyone else  needs a good vacuum right now.  It's got almost 70k reviews!


 

5 // Reading

We are reading some good books right now!  My older kids are loving The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane.  We try to read together before bed or before school.  

My first grader is loving reading me the Elephant and Piggie books.  They're sweet stories filled with sight words and they're perfect for early readers.  They are funny and silly, but my favorite thing is the confidence they give early readers to read books all by themselves.  

And Leo loves when his free book comes each month from the Dolly Parton Imagination library.  If you've got kids under age 5, you need to see if this free book program is available in you area.  You just enroll your kids and books arrive for free!  

Here are my Amazon links to these books: 




6 // 4 Leaf Clover Champion

Olive brings me a handful of 4 leaf clovers every time we are out in the backyard.  She's the best at finding them.  We're working together to make a really neat clover art project with them.  I found two this week and she probably found 20.  It's impressive!

 7 // Leo's Favorite Things

Leo is currently loving the minions + this fart gun, dinosaurs and sitting on the couch like this to watch his favorite shows - Bluey, Little Baby Bum, Cars on the Road & Minions.



8 // Hello Rainbow!

I love spotting rainbows!  The kids have been spending as much time as possible outside and I don't mind one bit.

9 // Farm Time

Our backyard neighbors have been busy this week prepping their fields for planting.  The boys have loved watching the tractor work.

10 // Bible Study

My Mom's group Bible Study finished up this week and I'm sad it's done for the year.  I loved the ladies at my table.  They've been great friends to me.  We've got some fun plans for Summer and had the yummiest luncheon together.  Leo loves his teachers and his church friends.  I'm hoping we can keep seeing them even if it's not quite every week.

 

I hope you have some fun plans for your weekend!

See you back here on Monday.

Linking up with Momfessionals

5 comments:

  1. Those eggs are the most gorgeous colors. Target's kids bedding is so cute...I love how they coordinate even though they are different themes. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Olive with the four leaf clover is the absolute cutest! Can’t wait to see how your boys’ bedroom comes together. I love projects like that! Will you join the same Bible study in the fall? I went to a ladies Bible study this week, the first time I’ve gone to a Bible study during the “school” day since before my kids were born! Can you even believe that? It was so sweet and I had such nice fellowship. It was very much an encouragement to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Cheddar Bay biscuits. Looks like a great week. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elephant and Piggie books were some of our favorites too! I bet the kids rooms will look wonderful when they're done. I love me some redecorating projects like that and always thought Target had such cute things for kids' rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting to find a nest and see eggs appear. I hope they hatch and thrive.
    My nephew gets a book each month from the Dolly Parton Imagination library and we're all the way over here in the UK. It is such a fantastic scheme.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.