Monday, April 3, 2023

Birthday Fiesta

We celebrated both boy's birthdays with family this weekend!  We had a birthday fiesta - Fletcher loves tacos and a Three-esta seemed like a fun idea for Leo.  Cue the pinatas, colorful decorations and a yummy taco bar!

We both have big families so we hosted my family Friday night and Kevin's family Saturday night.  We had the best time.  I did the same menu/decor for both parties and it worked out perfectly.  Fiestas for everyone.

The boys had the very best time surrounded by family.  I am so thankful that they get to celebrate their birthdays at home after years and years of traveling to see family on their birthdays.  It was great.

I made their invitations on Canva for free and texted them out to family.  I love how they turned out!

I got them matching taco shirts from Old Navy.  Cute boys.  Who 99% end up in a headlock.


I collected mini pinatas to give to all the cousins.  I found them at Target and 5 Below.  We picked up Fletcher's favorite candies and packed them full.  All the cousins were excited to take home their own pinata.

We did balloons and all the fun pinata/fiesta things we could find.

Olive and Fletcher helped me make a big balloon garland.  We got all of the balloons from Amazon.

Leo is my only cupcake loving kid and he was thrilled to see cupcakes in progress.

I did a mix of cookies + cupcakes and brownies for our parties.


I was too busy having fun to get pictures of everyone, but here are a few favorite pics from the weekend.

Cute cousins!


I love collecting party supplies from my favorite spots - Target, Hobby Lobby, Walmart, Dollar Tree, Amazon, etc.  Dollar Tree had this darling pinata wrapping paper!  I covered all the tables with it and it was so cute.  The fiesta napkins came from Hobby Lobby.

This cutie was so excited for his party.  He loved the theme and the menu.  Taquitos were his top request and he hopped in line first to get the food flowing.

The taco bar menu was so fun and such a big hit!

I did ground beef with taco seasoning in the crock pot, the carne asada pulled pork from sams and chicken and cheese Taquitos.  I had all the taco toppings, chips, soft and hard shells and fruit on the side.  It was easy to prep ahead of time and a crowd pleaser menu!



We had our biggest crowd ever with Kevin's family and it was so fun!  We ate well, had good conversation and really enjoyed celebrating the boys.  The weather wasn't cooperating for any time outside so we spread out upstairs and downstairs watching March Madness and eating tacos.

Olive gets a BIG, big sister shout out after several days of birthday attention for the boys.  She was a total trooper helping me set up for the parties, decorate and she appointed herself Leo's present helper.  She handed him gifts, read him the cards and kept him focused on opening gifts.  Her birthday is in May and she's excited for her turn :)


Fletcher said his birthday celebrations were awesome!  He loved every second and got some of the coolest gifts.  Leo has been sleeping with his new favorite toys.

We 10/10 recommend a birthday fiesta!!

5 comments:

  1. You could be an event planner and so many family memories made! I am with Leo on loving those cupcakes. We do love having a taco bar when we have summer pool parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much! This is going on my party planning Pinterest board for future reference - I have a house full of taco lovers and this would be perfect for a "forever family fiesta!" I know I say this all the time, but I'm so glad you don't have to do mobile parties any more. Seeing your home full of people makes me so happy for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Forever family fiesta" is the sweetest thing!

      Delete
  3. Such a cute and fun party theme! I love all the bright colors and who doesn't love a taco bar?! Happy birthday to your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun party! Love all your decorations! Have your boys read the book Dragons Love Tacos? It was my son’s favorite book when he was little so I did a “dragons love taco” themed party for him. I also hosted a taco graduation party for a friend last year. Tacos are perfect for all ages! 🌮

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.