Monday, April 24, 2023

April Coffee Chat

Good morning!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  We flew kites, read good books and had a nice relaxing few days at home.  I wish I could meet you all for a coffee date this morning.  I'd grab an iced coffee and a breakfast sandwich.  Here's a list of all the things I'd love to chat with you about:

 


1 // Summer break starts in exactly one month for my kids!  Wowza.  I love Summer and I'm gearing up for a good summer routine with the kids home.  But being totally honest - it's always a bit of a shock to my regular routine with Leo to add in two big kids that wake up and want to know WHAT IS THE PLAN for today!  They've got art camp on the agenda.  I'm trying to talk them into VBS.  We've got a trip or two on our radar and I ordered some Summer workbooks for them.  We've got a lot of school fun to pack into these next few weeks - Spring Parties, Teacher Appreciation, Field trips, Field Days and more.

2 // I've been taking a variety of supplements (hello life in your 40s) and my nails are growing like crazy!  My nails never grow so this was an exciting surprise.  Now I just need to work on getting them stronger.  Do you have any product tips for that?

3 // I started watching The Marvelous Mrs Maisel and I'm intrigued.  It's spicer than I was expecting - but I adore the 1950s fashion, Miriam Maisel and the interesting life she leads.  Have you seen it?

4 // Olive is requesting some wallpaper in her new room.  Do you have any favorite peel and stick brands I should check out?  Bonus points if they've got a cute mushroom option and would be easy to install for a wallpaper novice.

5 // I'm excited about my menu for the week:

Grilled chicken salads

Taco Night

Chicken sausage & wild rice

Roast & veggies

French Dip Sandwiches

and I'm making a new pasta salad recipe for myself for lunches this week!

6 // I rarely meet other Whitneys, but these past few weeks I met two new Whitneys.

7 // Olive turns 10 next month and she's excited to talk about birthdays, her wish lists and ideas she has to celebrate this fun milestone.  We've been talking about a friend party, but she's thinking she might just want to plan some fun things to do with one of her good friends.  She gets to pick and I'm happy to help her plan!

8 // We are just barely starting the potty training conversation over here with Leo.  He thinks sitting on the potty is a really fun game, but he's not so sure that he has any need for the potty.  I'm hoping some potty books might help him be a little more interested.  He just turned 3 and isn't showing tons of signs of being ready.  So we're just being low key about the whole thing.  My mom always swears that I was potty trained at 18 months.  Maybe I should just put Mimi in charge of potty training Leo??

9 // I am really excited to go planting shopping for Mother's Day!  It's my favorite tradition to do with my kids - we shop and fill all my pots.  The weather is usually too unpredictable in Indiana until May so I'm ignoring all the garden sections until May arrives.  I might sneak in some fern shopping for my porch before then, but no flowers here until May.

10 // Have you ever heard of Miss Mouth's Mess Eater Stain Treater?

I've seen it promoted on social media as an amazing stain remover - will literally get out any stain from kid clothes so I had to see what all of the hype was about.  I grabbed a two pack and I'm here to confirm that it is AMAZING stuff.  Why did I wait so long to try it??  I've used it on my tops, Leo's clothes and my carpet.  I don't know how it works, but it is magic.  It has gotten out food stains, ice cream stains, pet stains and mystery stains.  I can't recommend it enough.  I have the spray bottles and the wipes are on my wish list.  

Here's my Amazon links for it.  There are 22k reviews for this magic stuff!

 

Thanks for listening!  Chat with me in the comments :)

5 comments:

  1. I tried that stain remover! It's just me using it on my items, and it works soooo well! Happy Monday! 27 more days of school for me....thank goodness! Sonja. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday! I’d grab an iced coffee too 🥳

    Can’t believe it’s almost May! This means that I’ve been reading your blog for over a decade! I remember when Olive was born and Havah was turning 10. I love our May girls.

    I’ll look up that stain remover. I’ve always had really good luck with dawn on stains, but 22k reviews is really something!

    Wallpapers. I think I’ve read that target.com has peel and stick. Over even try Etsy?

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love going flower shopping with my daughter also! I never plant until Mothers Day, and I look forward to it every year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whitney, a movie I'd recommend if you like that retro, 50s kind of vibe on Amazon Prime is Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris. It's not "spicy" and I found it to be just wonderful. Good luck on the potty training. I had one kid who was almost 4 before they potty-trained and one who was good to go by 2yo. The other one, I have absolutely no idea when that one caught on...I was so tired and sleep deprived, their younger years are pretty much a blur to me. Each kid is so different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one benefit of homeschooling-- not as much transition to summertime, haha! Although I'm already feeling the need to transition to easier/lighter meals for spring and summer so we can play outside or go to parks and such without needing to be inside as much for dinner prep/cooking. I'd love if you did a post on your favorite crockpot/30min/summertime meals or tips!

    Your meal plan looks delish!! Do you use the leftover roast for French dip sandwiches or do a new cut of meat? Also do you have a favorite roast recipe? Mine is just meh.

    No potty training here yet either and mine turned 3 a couple weeks ago. I got out the undies, the potty, and a new puffy sticker book...but then I stalled. I really need some motivation!!

    Can't wait to see the flowers you buy for your home on Mother's Day!! There's a local strawberry patch that sells the most beautiful hanging baskets. I'm going to try to go early to get one or two before they are picked over!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.