Monday, March 13, 2023

Thrift with Me

Do you enjoy shopping at thrift shops?

I do as long as I understand how they work.  They all seem to be a little different!

Olive and I went thrifting with some of our best girl friends this past weekend and hit the thrifting JACKPOT!  We're still talking about the thrill of the hunt and who spotted which cool item first!

I had been to this place before - the biggest thrift shop in our city - and was totally overwhelmed.  I left with nothing and my head was spinning.  My friend convinced me to go back to World Wide Missions with her help navigating and she was right.  It was so good once I knew how the place worked.

We looked at the sales for the week, got a tour of the different sections and started digging.

Olive had one thrifting request and we did it.

Let's get into my thrifting haul!  Everything was at least half off on Saturday and winter items were 75% off.  See if you can guess my total.  I'll post it at the end.

Look at this neat painted jean jacket!  It matches Olive's school colors + her personality perfectly!

Her one request - find me a new jean vest!!  It's so cute.  Lighter denim and more distressed than her current one and was just a couple of dollars.

She loved this butterfly kimono.

I also had her try on all the tops she could in store.  There aren't any dressing rooms so she just slid things on to see if they'd work for her.  Winner!

We love our purple Aces so anytime I can find discounted school apparel for the kids is a WIN!  This one is for Fletcher.

I found several cute tops for Leo.  They were all about $2 each and look new.  I scanned things very closely for stains and signs of wear.  And put back anything that wasn't top notch.

The Polo was new with tags for $4 and the other was a boutique brand.

This pretty pitcher caught my eye!  I'm really picky about home decor - I try really hard to only buy things I really love.  I love the color of it for my kitchen and thought it would be a great vase for flowers.  It was new with $24.99 store tag, it was marked $12.99 and I paid just $6.49 for it.




We also got 2 more polos and a jumpsuit for Olive that we'll be returning.  Just ask for a return slip at checkout and you get 5 days to bring it back.  All of these items - 8 things - were just $12!!  Now that I understand how the store works for consigning and purchasing I think this will be one of my favorite spots to find treasures!

7 comments:

  1. So Fun! We love to go to all of our antique shops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girls and I love thrifting! I just bought 10 tops at Goodwill. Some were 1/2 and some new with tags!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had some great finds! I love the denim jacket for Olive. I'm sure you know from my blog that everyone in my family loves thrift shops, with me being just so-so about them. In fact, Jack just went to one to get polo shirts and Hawaiian shirts for his spring break trip. They all like the treasure hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!!! Love what you found! I’m a big thrifter - but it does take patience and frequent visits sometimes. You found cool amazing treasures! That denim jacket is so, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that pitcher and such a great price

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love thrifting and live about an hour outside of Evansville. World Wide Missions Consignment is definitely on my destination list. Please share any other good resale shops that you find.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.