Tuesday, March 7, 2023

5 Simple Meal Ideas

One of the most requested blog post topics when I surveyed you last month was - meal ideas!

I am excited to share with you some really yummy meals that my family has enjoyed.  Many of the items are from Sams so Sams shoppers will be thrilled.  Even if you're not a Sams shopper, I know you can find similar items at your favorite stores.

1 // Breakfast for Dinner

I know this one gets mixed reviews, but I promise you can find a way to make this a meal that everyone looks forward to.  For us it's bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, mini pancakes from a mix and berry smoothies or fresh fruit.  Sometimes I sub pancakes for biscuits.  We like both.  The kids act like I fix a feast and never compliment any meal more than they do breakfast for dinner.

If I'm in a hurry - I use this fully cooked bacon that reheats so fast with very little mess.  Kevin prefers thick cut bacon so I just go with whatever option I have the time to make.  My crew also loves these Jimmy Dean turkey sausage links from Sams.  They're great hot or cold in their lunch boxes.



2 // Baked Chicken

I buy thin cut chicken breasts and try to always keep a package in the freezer.  I let them thaw and then season them with my favorite seasoning and panko bread crumbs.  Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.  I usually flip them mid bake and I like them to be a little brown.

I served the chicken with dipping sauces, homemade sourdough, roasted sweet potatoes and wild grain rice.  I intended to fix a salad, but my lettuce was gross.

I usually keep one loaf and share the 2nd loaf.  I have yet to find anyone that isn't excited about a fresh loaf of homemade bread!

3 // Chicken Apple Smoked Sausage

I grabbed this from Sams on a whim and it's so good!  I slice it thin and fry it on my stove top to brown it up a bit.  I served it with gnocchi, roasted potatoes and onions.

I really love gnocchi, but don't make it very often.  It boils for 3-4 minutes (or until they float) and then I sauteed them in butter and our favorite seasoning.  I let them get a tiny bit brown and added some fresh parmesan cheese on top.  It was so good!  They kids said they were too chewy, but I loved them.



4 //  Pork Carnitas

I'm still in love with this Pork Carnitas super easy meal option from Sams.  We've enjoyed the meat plain, on nachos and on soft tacos.  I'm hoping to make Pork Carnita quesadillas next.  The package cost around $13.  It easily feeds our family of 5 with leftovers.  It feels like a fancy dinner at a fraction of the cost of going to a restaurant.


5 // Greek Yogurt Bowl

This is my go to breakfast and snack.  I either buy big containers of greek yogurt from Sams or I tried this new brand from Aldi.  Both are delicious.  I love to add berries, cinnamon, chia seeds, almonds, yogurt and granola.  This package is a new purchase for me from Sams and it's so good!  My kids eat it plain as a snack!  I have one kid who loves this for a snack.  He does yogurt, granola and cinnamon and mixes it all together.



Which meal looks best to you?

I'm excited for grilling season so stay tuned for some yummy grilling meal ideas!

1 comment:

  1. Great meal ideas, Whitney! I always forget about those apple sausages, I need to pick up a package sometime. Love that you pair that with gnocchi, I will try that!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.