Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Rainbow Charcuterie Dinner Board

I made the yummiest rainbow charcuterie dinner board for my family this week and they all loved it.  We hadn't had one in a while so this was a big treat. 

We tried some new things, added in lots of our favorite foods and had the best rainbow dinner.  I prepped almost everything in advance - chopped veggies, fruits and cheeses - so that the board came together really quickly at dinner time.

I like to add something warm to my boards if we eat them for dinner.  These Auntie Anne's pretzels from the frozen food section are so quick and easy to make.

I built the board with the crackers and salty snacks and then layered in the fruits and veggies in rainbow order.  Then the meats and cheeses fit perfectly in the middle.

Most of my board items came from Aldi or were things we already had on hand.  I like to do a mix of new items and then finish up all the last bits of food from the fridge/pantry to keep my boards cost effective.  We had this meal last night and we'll do it again for St Patrick's Day dinner.  That helps use up the meats and cheeses and makes sure very little goes to waste.

We tried 3 new cheeses for our St. Patrick's Day board and we enjoyed all of them!  They're all from Aldi and the Mature Irish Cheddar was amazing.  The other two were perfectly yummy, festive cheeses for the boards.  I love buying blocks of cheese at Aldi because they have a huge variety and they're almost all in the $2-4 range.

It was fun to cut a green pepper in half and fill it with Ranch dressing for dipping.

I love dinners like this on school nights because it makes lunch packing so easy for the following day.  I filled their Yumboxes with leftovers and the chopped some fresh foods to finish out a rainbow lunch for them.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I hope you feel inspired to make a rainbow meal to make for your family this week :)

2 comments:

  1. What a fun, festive board! I have done a few lately, and it's an easy dinner for the 2 of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m loving this! I’ve never seen auntie Anne’s for sale in the frozen section. Are they from a certain store?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.