Monday, February 13, 2023

Little Love Yous

My challenge for you - add some "little love yous" into your plans for the people you love this week!

 

My big kids have been asking me to come have lunch with them at school all year.  They've got a designated parent lunch day and lots of rules about it which make lunch dates complicated.  But after doing some scheduling gymnastics, I made it happen last week!

Olive & Fletcher were thrilled!

Their lunches are an hour apart so I had to plan a lunch that I could grab mid morning and it would still taste fresh an hour later.  Strike the requests for Chick-Fil-A and Freddy's burgers.

I opted to run to our closest grocery store and grab their favorites.  Jello, nacho lunchables, Flaming Hot Cheetos, berries and their favorite foods.  I prepped everything at home and packed our lunches.  They were so excited!

I had lunch with Fletch first.  He was so excited to show me the ropes of the lunch room.  We chatted, he ate fast and then in a blink of an eye lunch was over.  His buddies walked by our table and made sure to wave hello.  They remembered me from my day of subbing last month and from a class birthday party.  Fletcher made sure to smile and wave to me across the lunchroom until his class walked out to recess.  He was really happy.  He told me it was the best school lunch he ever had and gave me 10/10 for a perfect lunch date.

 

I waited in my car until it was Olive's lunch time.  Olive was a little quieter about her excitement for a mom lunch date.  But I could still tell she was happy to have me there.  She ate quick and pointed out friends across the lunch room.  4th graders are a lot louder than 1st graders.  But the 1st graders are ten times messier.  The cafeteria aide who knows Olive came up to tell me that she always loves seeing what I pack for Olive every day.  And that I should start a lunch packing business :)

 


These lunch dates weren't super convenient or easy to pull off, but I'm so glad I was welcomed into the school to have lunch with the kids!  Maybe this will be a February tradition for us??  And now they're asking Kevin when he will be coming in for lunch :)

I hope you have a great Valentine's Day week filled with lots of extra LOVE this week!

1 comment:

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.