Friday, February 10, 2023

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday, friends!  I hope you've had a good week.  It was a regular week here with favorite moments sprinkled throughout.  Did you catch my blog posts this week?

10 Amazon Must Haves - everyone could use #1 and #9 and I bet you'd appreciate having #3 or #4 the next time you get invited to a birthday party.

Mini Waffle Maker Gifts - BIG HIT with our teachers!

Super Simple Heart Cinnamon Rolls - I've got a trick for you!

Now on to my favorite moments of the week:

1 // BIG Salads

I put big salads on the menu this week - once for dinner and for my lunches all week long.  I changed up the dressing each day and I honestly looked forward to eating this every chance I got.  It felt like a splurge to eat such a yummy lunch at home.  Only one of my kids love big salads and the other two enjoy all of the ingredients separate with no lettuce.  I just let everyone build their own version of a salad on their dinner plate.

2 // UE

Kevin's busy work week last week paid off with LOTS of good news this week.  We visited him on campus, helped decorate for his event and the kids went to a basketball game with him.  It's their favorite outing - game snacks, game souvenirs and a late night out on the town with Dad.


3 // Teacher Gifts

If you know me, you know that I am always on the hunt for great deals on gifts for family, friends and teachers!  I love to scoop things up when I find a good deal and save them for the perfect occasion.  My gift closet is always stocked with fun finds.  I found these DARLING canvas bags at Marshalls this week for just $6.99 each.  They are so nice and large.  They've got a pom pom or a tassel on them and the quality could be great for a purse or a tote.  I grabbed 4 for the kid's teachers sometime this spring.  Who wouldn't love a new bag with a handwritten thank you note?!


4 // Cozy Pearl

When Leo goes down for a nap every day, Pearl thinks she needs to be snuggled.  It's very sweet.

5 // Kindle Fire Miracle

Fletcher's Kindle Fire unexpectedly died last weekend and when we looked up the warranty it was set to expire at the beginning of March.  Whew!  We got the warranty replacement paperwork filed and his new tablet arrived midweek.  A favorite moment for him.  But why does he look like a teenager here!?  He's very excited to turn 7 next month.

6 // Loud Leo

Leo has lots to say, lots to sing and lots to yell about these days.  He's hilarious with his nonstop talking.  I can decode and understand most of it, but he babbles and talks all day long.  I was doing some work around the house and walked out to see this get up.  All the rocker accessories for his concert.

7 // Lots of snuggles.

8 // Typing Whizz

Olive is quite the typing whizz in her technology class.  She hit several big goals this week and her tech teacher came to her class to award them to her.  She's top of the class for typing and loves the 3D awards her teacher made for her.  I love that her school gives kids so many different ways to SHINE.


9 // Walking Buddy

It was a mix of beautiful and terrible walking weather this week.  I guess that's normal for February in the Midwest.  Can you guess which day this was??  Gorgeous for sure!  We loved the sunshine and steps we got in together.


10 // Tiny Mushrooms

The kids are obsessed with making tiny mushrooms.  Aren't they cute!?

11 // Drumsticks

Leo discovered drumsticks this week and his life will never be the same.  He requests one every night.

12 // Jordan Bakery Box

I have been busy with Valentine's Day cookie and pretzel orders this week!  I've got a busy weekend of baking ahead and I can't wait.  Aren't these so festive and fun!?


I hope you've had a good week and have plans with your favorite people this weekend!

See you back here on Monday.

I'm linking up with Momfessionals

3 comments:

  1. It looks like it was a good week! I linked to your French Dip Sandwich recipe in my Friday Faves this week...so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great week! Good job in that kindle warranty! That’s awesome. And yay for your bakery box orders!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bags are fabulous! I used to keep a little gift closet too to have small things on hand for the spur of the moment.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.