Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Coffee Chat

Hey friends!  I wish we could meet for coffee in real life this morning.  I've got lots to talk about.  I would have Leo with me since we are always together, I would order a mocha iced coffee and probably a muffin for Leo and these are all the things I'd want to chat with you about.


1 // I'm on the hunt for a pair of black drum lampshades to update a favorite set of lamps that were a wedding gift.  But the shades I'm finding online are all $70+ online.  Where can I get a great deal on a pair of lampshades?

2 // What's your favorite way to resell items that you no longer want or that your kids have outgrown?  I'm seriously missing a local market page that my old mom's group ran and am really trying hard to avoid having a garage sale.  Have you ever posted things for sale to just your friends on Facebook?  I'd love to avoid the public Facebook market page and meet ups with strangers.

3 // My favorite holiday is coming up - St Patrick's Day!  I can't wait to show you some of the darling rainbow things I've found.

4 // My workout wardrobe needs a refresh.  My favorite pieces are feeling tired.  What's your favorite brand of workout clothes?  Some of my current faves came from Sams so I am hoping to pop in there later this week to see what they have.

5 // Do you own a carpet or upholstery cleaning machine?  I've seen some friends online recommend one that's around $100 and I'm thinking of investing in one.  It's intimidating to move into a brand new house with brand new flooring and I want to keep them all looking fresh.

6 // What are you reading right now?  I'm reading Mama Bear Apologetics and The Secret Zoo to see if it would be a good read aloud for the big kids.

7 // What time do you go to bed each night?  I've been asleep by midnight most nights and I'm super proud of myself.

8 // Olive and I are on the hunt for a new hair stylist.  She'd like a professional cut and so would I.  I'm also interested in some color at some point.  Any Evansville friends have any hair connections?  Or do you have any great tips for finding someone that you love in a new city?  I have had my share of bad haircuts from just showing up at places expecting a quality cut and I think I'm scarred for life.  Haha.  Remember that time I went in to get a trim when my hair was down to my elbows and ended up with a chin length bob!?  I also got a mullet one time.  Maybe that's why I keep having Kevin trim my hair all these years later.

 

Thanks for listening, friends.  I hope you have a great day.  What's on your mind this morning?  I'd love to chat with you in the comments.

7 comments:

  1. I wanna meet for coffee! Hair: get on your yelp app and read reviews. Someone recommended that to me back when we lived in Washington state and it is what I have done ever since. Maybe it’s more useful for a large city because there are a lot more reviews? But it’s worth looking. Good luck! Reselling: is there an active group called Varage Sale in your city? It is app based, but it’s entirely by neighborhood and everyone is verified through Facebook so you don’t get any weirdos. You leave your item by your front door and the person either pays you via Venmo or leaves the money under your doormat. I’ve been using it for about five years and have never had to meet up with any strangers, porch pick up is so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep us posted on what upholstery machine you buy, I’ve been on the hunt as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would want to have the coffee chat at your house with cocoa, your homemade cookies, and invite your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have some local Facebook groups that are like online garage sale. I have used them a few times. It is a little less random than listing on the general marketplace. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a husband who has been trimming my hair. We started this around 2020 and just didn't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to meet for coffee!! Girl I go to bed around 9 most nights! HA or unless I am waiting up for the kids to get home!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the heart waffle idea for teachers gifts. We ordered them and my kids’ teachers loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Regarding a great hair stylist I flat out ask strangers if I see someone with similar hair texture/style/cut/color etc. who they go to. I immediately write down the salon/stylist. I have had a lot of success just asking random strangers! I know bold but it’s worked anddddd I have found more than once it’s happened to me where strangers have asked at the mall/grocery store etc. about who I go too simply because they too have a similar hair texture/color etc. Hope that helps (and of course I have had some misses too).

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.