Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Must Make Appetizers

I really love appetizers and I would put these at the very top of my list.  They're easy to make and so good.  Must makes for sure - Bacon Wrapped Smokies & Baked Potato Sliders.  I made both of them for my family for New Year's Eve and we loved them.  They'd be perfect for any gathering or the upcoming Superbowl.

This is probably the best appetizer I make.

Bacon Wrapped Smokies

The ingredient list is small and they're simple.  People always ask me for the recipe and rave about them when I make them for an event.

Ingredients:

1 pkg of little smokies

1 pkg of thick cut bacon

brown sugar

tooth picks

 

Directions:

Cut entire package of bacon into fourths.  It is easiest to just open the package and cut the whole slab of bacon into fourths at once.  Then wrap each little smokey in bacon and secure it with a toothpick.  Line a 9x13 glass pan with all of the smokies.  Sprinkle brown sugar on top of all of them.  Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes until they crisp up.  I like to check on them about half way through and pour off any liquid.  This really helps them to crisp up.  Let cool and enjoy!



Baked Potato Sliders

I love potatoes in any form.  I also love a good loaded baked potato.  These were easy to make and really easy to eat.  I customized them to work for my family and you can customize them for your crowd.

Ingredients:

6 of Your favorite big potatoes (I used Russet and would like to try red potatoes)

salt/pepper/your favorite seasonings

olive oil

toppings: Sliced green onions, your favorite cheeses (I used grated Parmesan cheese & sharp cheddar), bacon and sour cream


Directions:

Wash your potatoes well and slice them uniformly.  Lay them out on a greased baking sheet.  Top them with olive oil and your favorite seasonings.  Let them bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes.  Check on them half way through and flip them.  Pull them out of the oven when they start to brown and are soft - check with a fork.  Top them with your favorite toppings.  Serve with a side of sour cream.  Yum!

Baked and ready for toppings!


I loaded my potatoes up with every topping.  The kids requested plain to dip in ketchup, just cheese and bacon + green onions.  We all loved them!  I like to buy the squeeze containers of sour cream and it worked perfectly to top each slider with a dab of sour cream.


These are both so good - I hope you have a reason to make them soon!


2 comments:

  1. I went to a Freindsgiving this year where someone made those bacon wrapped smokies and they were AMAZING . . . I need to try the baked potato sliders. Those look great!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.