Friday, January 20, 2023

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  I don't know about you, but I'm ready for the weekend!  Kevin has been in New Mexico all week for work and he gets home today.  It's been a wild week of over flowed toilets, a sick cat, crazy weather, organizing, me doing all the things and I'm ready for back up.  We've all missed Kevin this week.  I rewatched Emily in Paris and am watching the newest season of The Crown now.

Did you catch my blog posts this week?

Easy & Affordable Meal Planning

Indoor Snow Day


Now on to my favorites!

1 // Spring Wreath

I found this beautiful lavender wreath at HomeGoods this week.  It was just $29.99 and also came in a larger size.  It is so full of flowers and greenery.  I knew I couldn't make it for any cheaper.  I can't wait to hang it on my front door this Spring.  Lavender is Olive's favorite and I'm always looking for ways to incorporate more purple in our lives these days.

2 // School Friends

Fletcher got invited to a school friend's bowling birthday party and he was so excited to go!  He loved shopping for his friend and had the best time celebrating with his school buddies.  He actually bowled 2 strikes, 1 spare and beat all the other kids.  He was beaming!  We are all working hard to make new friends so this made my heart so so so happy.  I went to the party with him and actually ended up making a new friend, too!


3 // Grocery Store Flowers

Kevin surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of grocery store flowers before he left so I'd have something extra to smile about all week.  Surprising me with flowers is his favorite.  They are the prettiest color.  We have called them sunset roses all week!

4 // Airport Goodbyes

While saying goodbye isn't my favorite, I LOVE living so close to the airport.  The kids and I were able to drop him off at the door and I'm so glad we could send him off on his work trip.  Thankfully his travels were uneventful and he had a fun week in New Mexico.

5 // Ski Day

Kevin squeezed in a ski day in Taos, New Mexico.  Skiing is his favorite so I am glad that this worked out for him.  He sent us some really cool pictures of his adventures in New Mexico.  I've only been there briefly so maybe I'll get him to recap his trip on the blog next week.


6 // Cozy Kitchen

I've been working on adding lamps around the house for some cozy lighting.  I found this tiny lamp at Target for just $12.99.  Lamp light in the coffee corner is my favorite.


7 // Daily Walks

Leo and I walk together almost every day.  My goal is 30 minutes of fast paced walking.  We had to skip due to wind and a day where it rained the entire day long.  It was warm and freezing all in the same week.  Our walks are one of my favorite parts of the day!

 

8 // Jordan Bakery Box

I added some new favorite cookies to the menu this month - Hershey Oatmeal Chocolate Chip and Valentine M&M Cookies.  I got some fun order this week for cookie trays and then smaller cookie boxes.  Baking for others is my favorite!


9 // Organizing

I've been working on organizing my kitchen drawers and decluttering all the things.  A friend suggested that I used a box to contain my mason jar lids and it worked perfectly!  I like to save those small sturdy boxes that note cards come in for free organizers all over my house.


10 // Lunch & Dinner dates

We enjoyed a break from our routine this week and had some lunch & dinner dates.  Jason's Deli is one of our family favorite spots.  The kids love their pasta.  I love the salad bar and Fletcher is here for the ice cream.  He gets his own and he is very proud of his soft serve skills.


11 // Movie nights

The kids and I have been enjoying watching shows together in the evenings.  Candy Corn (popcorn + candy) is one of our favorite snacks.  We finished up Dance Monsters, the new Matilda, Night at the Museum and Sheriff Callie.  What are your family favorite movies or shows right now??


12 // Book Shopping

Kevin's mom took us on an outing to get new books this week.  The kids LOVED going through Barnes and Noble and picking out some new reading material.

 

13 // Kitty Snuggles

Leo is becoming sweeter with the cats and it's so cute.  I found him snuggling Pearl this week.


14 // 1-2-3 JUMP

I hear this phrase all day long.  Leo getting ready to launch himself off of something.  He's pretty cute when he's tight rope walking the couch, but all that jumping makes my heart jump.  I'm ready for Dad to be home to help me be Leo's body guard.

 

I hope you had a great week & have fun plans for your weekend!  We have a low key weekend planned and I couldn't be happier about that.

Linking up with Momfessionals

2 comments:

  1. What a great week!! Good job solo parenting! I love the pic of Pearl(?) watching Leo tightrope walk haha. She's learning new tips from him! How sweet of your MIL taking everyone book shopping! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wreath and flowers! I am with you on the lamps! I love them! Oh Leo! He cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.