Friday, January 6, 2023

Happy Friday

Hey Friends!  I hope you've had a nice first week of the year.  Ours is off to a good start although we're all a little extra tired getting back into work/school routines.  I'm excited to tell you about the highlights of our week.  Did you catch my posts this week?

Happy New Year!

Amazon Favorites - this post is full of our favorite purchases for the kids and adults!!  The kids are crazy about #5 on the list and they use #3 every single day.  I love #9 and hope we get to use #7 soon!

Now on to my favorite things:

1 // Spa Day

The kids asked for and got some fun spa day stuff in their stockings.  They couldn't wait to do an at home spa day.  We had so much fun.  They relaxed and I was their spa lady.  It was so cute and relaxing :) TJ Maxx has lots of really fun affordable spa day items if you're in the market for some.


2 // Snowy Front Door

I've mentioned before that my red door is a bit tricky.  It's dark enough that things get lost on it so I'm always on the hunt for light, bright door decor.  I found this giant snowflake months ago at HomeGoods.  It's so unique and so pretty.  It's wooden and I love it on my door so much.  I'm still on the hunt for a big rug to layer under my welcome mat, but I'm determined not to buy anything until I find one that I love.  What's on your front door right now?



3 // Jordan Bakery Box

I've made some neat local connections and my cookie business is picking up.  These variety boxes and trays have been really popular lately.


4// Sunsets

We've had some really beautiful winter sunsets after several gray days in a row.  That pretty much sums up winter in the Midwest.

 

.

5 // Best Advice for Moms and Wives

If you want help - ask for it.

I was feeling like I was drowning a bit in house work and laundry and homework and meal prep, etc.  So I asked for help.  Kevin's been folding the kitchen towels and it's my new favorite thing.  It never crossed his mind until I mentioned it.  Now I've got a perfectly folded drawer of clean towels.  Is there something you could delegate or ask for help with in the new year??  Do it!


6 // Find Mom.  Sit on Mom.

If you follow me on instagram (@polkadottyplace), then you know this has been a series I've been doing with Leo.  Find mom.  Sit on mom.  It goes through phases and I was thinking it might be something he was outgrowing.  Then Christmas break happened, and he's still eager to find me and sit on me after we get the big kids off to school.  I love it.

7 // Christmas money

Isn't it so fun to go shopping after Christmas with your Christmas money!?  I look forward to it every new year.  I found this lovely floral storage boxes at HomeGoods this week.  They're large and I knew they'd be perfect for storing things in my closet.  I've got holiday gifts I want to keep hidden from the kids in one and elf ideas for next Christmas in the other.  They're so pretty.

8 // 100!!!

Leo and I hit our exercising milestone of 100 walks together this week!  We've sweated, bundled up and walked in the rain to get it done.  And we both really enjoy exercising together.  I know I'm a better mom when I'm exercising daily.  I think I'm going to celebrate and get some new walking shoes.


9 // School Lunches

I'm back to packing lunches.  I have started packing very similar lunches for both kids and just customizing the chips or the dessert.  It makes the process go really fast and they both end up with healthy lunches.

10 // Planner time

Where are my fellow paper planner lovers??  I couldn't function without mine.  I love this time of year when I'm setting up new blog planners, personal planner, bakery planner and making all the lists and goals.  Check back next week for my 2023 word of the year!

11 // Cheers

These two wrapped up their Christmas break with a drink date with Kevin.  Olive wants a caramel latte and Fletcher wants a slushy drink.  It's their favorite treat.


12 // Emily in Paris

I finished up season 3 of Emily in Paris - wow!  What an ending!  I missed it so much that I restarted the show from the very beginning.  I just love it.  Are you watching?

 

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Linking up with Momfessionals

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I love your front door wreath - we have one similar, but it's not painted and maybe it needs a little spray paint to jazz it up! Also, our door is wooden with glass at the top and I've struggled with how to hang a wreath...what do you use on your door? -Angie www.therobertsonreel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Target has some cute black and white rugs that would look good layered under your front door mat. Hobby Lobby may have some as well. I love the kid spa day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that spa day picture on instagram - so fun! I always want to be a paper planner girl, but go back to Google calendar! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the spa day!! So FUN!! I loved Emily in Paris and started it again too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those spa day photos are priceless!! I bet they had the best time with that. Right now our door is bare but I've been on the hunt for something wintery (we have a dark blue door so I tend to go for bright or light colors too).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started binge watching Emily in Paris this week. Wow! What took me so long? I love it but wish it was completely G rated because young teens would love the storyline. Plus the Paris scenery, the clothes, and the music are perfection.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.