Friday, January 13, 2023

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, Friends!  I hope you had a good week.  Ours was busy with school work, crazy weather and getting back into our routines for the new year.  Both big kids got invited to school friend birthday parties this week.  We are working hard to make friends in our new city so this was exciting.  We had some wild weather this week - woke up to big storms and hail Thursday and wild winds throughout the week.

Did you catch my blog posts this week?

Charcuterie Family Dinner

2023 Word of the Year

Must Make Appetizers

 

Now on to my favorite things:

1 // The Perfect Rug

Remember a few weeks ago when I said I was hunting for the perfect rug for my porch??  Well it took me a year, but I found one!  It was from Walmart online.  I measured to make sure it would be oversized, but not too big and it fits perfectly!

2 // Five Below

Olive & Fletcher got Five Below gift cards from our friends for Christmas.  They could not wait to go shopping.  They love browsing the store and selecting a few treasures to bring home.  Olive came home with new Squishmallows and Fletcher picked out a mix of prank toys and a Squishmallow.

 



 3 // Celebrate

We got to celebrate a cousin birthday some some of our favorite great grandmas.  They're the sweetest, kindest, most stylish 80 year olds.  I always look forward to seeing them.  Leo looks forward to CAKE.  My other kids aren't big cake eaters so it cracks me up that he shouts for joy anytime he sees a big cake.


4 // Snuggles

I love when the kids pick out cozy spots around the house.  The cats love it, too.

5 // Chesskers

Leo loves to be included with big kid activities.  His current favorite game is Chesskers.  He takes all the checkers and cheese pieces out of the box and places them on the board.  Puts them all away and repeats over and over.  It's his favorite.


6 // School lunches

I surprised the kids with fancy caramels and have been making my life easier by packing similar things for both kids.

7 // Back to Teaching

Kevin headed back to the classroom this semester after a year off from teaching.  He has been focused mostly on administrative tasks so this will be a good addition to his schedule.  He's a great professor and he's teaching one of his favorite courses. 


8 // Treasure Hunters

Fletcher & Leo are determined to find treasure in our yard.  Fletcher got a metal detector for Christmas.  They've loved looking for things and digging them up.  His biggest find yet is this very heavy, rusty metal object.  I googled it and can't figure out what it is.  Can you help us solve the mystery?  Bonus points for anyone who has gold or treasure in their description :)


9 // Cinnamon saves the day

I don't love greek yogurt, but I do love it when I add cinnamon to it.  This is my favorite combo - vanilla greek yogurt, bananas, berries, cinnamon, granola and chia seeds.  It makes a great breakfast or a great snack.

10 // Adventure Pearl

She's our most curious kitty and she scares me all the time.  I find her at the very tippy top of the cabinets or the furniture often.

11 // Jordan Bakery Box

Regular Chocolate Chip cookies were on the schedule this week.  You can't go wrong with my favorite cookie.

12// Bible Study

Leo and I are back to Bible study and it feels great!  One week he goes with me and the other week he goes to his preschool class.  We both love it.  We are studying John & the Proverbs 31 woman.


I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your people!  My kids have a 3 day weekend so I'll see you back here on Tuesday.  Linking up with Momfessionals


4 comments:

  1. Have you tried mixing peanut butter or pb2 into your yogurt? It's the only way I like it! But will be trying cinnamon now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope your boys have a great time with their metal detector; my oldest son had one and we used to dig up all sorts of stuff... mostly rusty nails and things like that (no treasure).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a nice schedule for the Bible Study. I bet Kevin is such a great teaching professor. As my kids are quickly learning, the professor makes or break the college class experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your front porch! What a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.