Monday, September 12, 2022

Game Day Charcuterie Board

Happy Monday!  I haven't done a charcuterie post since May and it's time.  We are loving football season (minus all of the losing that Notre Dame is doing haha!)  I'm confident that winning is in our future.  I have a really delicious game day charcuterie board to share with you today.  It's easy once you get my basic charcuterie formula down.

My charcuterie formula:
Pick 2-4 cheeses that you know your family loves.

Pick 2-4 meats that your family loves.

Assess all the fruits, veggies, condiments and salty snacks that you already have in your fridge and pantry.  Build your board with those things first and add in a few new options.  Grab fresh fruits or veggies or a new cracker or two.  This will really help your board to stay affordable if you build your board with things you already have at home.  If you go to the store and buy all new items, your board will end up being a very expensive dinner.

If you are serving a charcuterie board for dinner, add in something warm.  Bread sticks, a loaf of homemade bread, soft pretzels or even grilled cheese.  It will help fill your family up and make this snacky dinner feel very much like a full meal!

Let me show you our most recent, very delicious game day charcuterie board:

The boxes of Auntie Anne's pretzels in the frozen food section are so good!  They only bake for 4-6 minutes and they're always a hit here.  You can get full soft pretzels like these or pretzel bites.  We love both varieties.

I picked up some new seasonal crackers from Aldi - pumpkin rosemary somethings - and no one liked them.  I won't be buying them again even though they looked pretty on my board.

Add in all the apples, nectarines, carrots and cucumbers for some healthy food options.  I like to chop these things up earlier in the day like at nap time and refrigerate them.  That way when dinner time rolls around I just have to place everything on the board.  It's a big time saver!

Now I have a question for you.

Have you ever wondered what our dinner boards look like afterwards??

This is the after shot of my beautiful dinner board.

I save the cheese cubes/pepperoni and add them to lunches and usually toss the rest.  Or if I'm packing lunches I'll add in all the leftover salty snacks to their lunches the following day.

I hope you feel inspired to make a charcuterie for dinner soon or for an upcoming game day.

Let me know if you have any pain points when you're wanting to make a board for your family or if you have any questions.  I'd love to help make this an easy and approachable dinner option for you!


1 comment:

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.