Friday, August 26, 2022

Simple Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  This week was just a regular week - church,, school, PTO meeting, work and house projects.  We're getting into a good school routine (although Fletcher keeps a weekend countdown going all week long) and the kids seem really happy with their new classes and new friends.  Yay!

Kevin and I started watching Only Murders in the Building and LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  I wasn't so sure about it a few minutes in and then we got hooked.  The characters are so good.  I'm binge watching the newest season of Virgin River.  I've got a couple of episodes left and I'm not sure how to feel about all the big story lines that are playing out.  Stay tuned for more thoughts on that next week.

The best parts of our week were:

1 // Fall Wreath - I've been on the hunt for the perfect Fall wreath for my red door and I finally found it at HomeGoods.  I have seen a few that were okay, was tempted to make my own, but then found this beauty for $34.99.  I may add a few more berries or greenery to it, but I love it so much!  Now is the time to be on the lookout for Fall decor if you need any and want the best selection.  Tip: Wreaths that have a good variety of items included for under $40 are usually a good deal.  There are 6 different things in this wreath so I know I couldn't recreate it for cheaper.


2 // Turtle Rescue!  I won some major mom points this week because I rescued a turtle from the road while the kids were at school.  He was strolling across the road so I scooped him up and they had fun with Timmy for a couple of days.


3 // More Books!  I've been making more of an effort to read books instead of be on my phone especially when I'm with my kids.  I've finished several and am currently rereading Anne of Green Gables.  I loved the show Anne with an E so it's been fun to read this again.  One of the kids said to me - Grab your book and come outside with us while we play.  It made me so happy to hear them say grab your BOOK instead of grab your PHONE.  Progress!!

4 // Manis and Makeovers - Olive asked for a fun manicure and curled hair this week.  I had so much fun teaching her about curling her own hair.  Then I picked up some cute little manicure stickers from Olive & June.  There's a bit of a learning curve with them, but she loved them.


5 // Farmer Kevin - He's growing jalapenos and sweet peppers this year and requested some homemade salsa.  I'm no pro, but it was fun to make it for him.  He requested SPICY salsa so I never even tried it since I am definitely a MILD girl.

6 // Early writing.  I love seeing Fletcher working so hard to sound out words and come up with some great inventive spelling.  I had him read this to me.  "I am special because I have a cute baby brother!"  What a sweet guy!

Later followed up with a "Kick me" sign on the back of his cute little brother.  Haha

7 // Always Hold My Hand.  Leo has started reaching for my hand more and more when we're out and about.  It's so sweet (and so appreciated after hopefully starting to outgrow the toddler runner phase.)

8 // I read a novel with the big kids every night and it's always a highlight of our day.  We're currently reading Frindle.  Sometimes when we're done reading, Fletcher offers to give me a hairstyle.  This one was extra wild!!  Hahaha

9 // Hiding from Leo.  The cats sure do get creative to get a little peace and quiet.  Pearl likes this spot!

10 // I got to help give Kevin's office a little overhaul this week.  I love that kind of stuff.  He hates it so we make a good team.  I'm on the hunt for the perfect office decor pieces for him in the coming months.  I'm not in a hurry so I will be collecting things I think he'd love.


I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  See you back here on Monday :)

Linking up with Momfessionals

4 comments:

  1. I love number three. That’s good advice! Anne of Green Gables is so good - such a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so many thoughts about Virgin River season 4 so I can't wait to hear what you think after finishing it! I went back and watched season 3 again just to give some context for those story lines, and because I just can't ever get enough Virgin River. :) Give me all the Brady and Brie content!

    How fun to work in another of Kevin's offices - you definitely make a great team! I'm hoping to work in Paul's mancave/extra room here at home this weekend. I've never attempted fresh salsa but yours looks amazing! How fun to make it with ingredients from your own garden. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of Fletchers notes made me laugh out loud! I watched virgin river season 2 and then forgot about it -- looking forward to having a show to watch! (We LOVE Only Murders...!) AND Anne of Green Gables. One of my favs. Have you seen the original Anne movies with Megan Follows? I will never get tired of those! (Marty's wife and I even got him to watch them with us during Covid and he actually liked it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We also love Only Murders. This season had some good twists!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.