Friday, August 19, 2022

August Favorites

August is flying by for us!!  We getting into a good routine with all the back to school schedules and are off to a great start.  The kids made it through their first full week of school this week.  We're all ready for a relaxing weekend!

The highlights of the month so far:

1 // Lunch with friends

Dana and I made plans to try a new restaurant and do some shopping.  She introduced me to Chicken Salad Chick (yum!!) and a local boutique called Farmhouse.  I introduced her to HomeGoods.  Win-win for everyone!


2 // Pumpkins!

As soon as the kids head back to school, I am ready to start baking pumpkin treats.  These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies are so soft and so delicious.  They're my kid's #1 favorite cookie.  I'm not ready to dress like Fall or decorate for Fall, but come have some cookies with us.

3 // Back to School Bracelets

I love these happy bracelets.  They're a sweet reminder all day long for me to pray for my kids while they're at school.  I usually get asked to add a matching heart tattoo to all of our hands.  This year I have started asking my kids to give me a prayer request for them each day.  Sometimes it's big things like a test or something with friends and other days it's - please pray that the school day goes by quickly!

4 // Yumbox LOVE

One of my favorite lunch box tips/tricks got featured on the Yumbox pages this week!!  I loved seeing it on display because it's really helpful when you're packing lunches.  Use leftovers from dinner in your kid's school lunches.  We had some extra grilled chicken & pasta and it was a hit!


5 // Middle Kid

Sometimes it's tricky to get alone time with the middle guy.  Fletcher needed a new bike helmet so we went on a date to Target.  He tried on all the helmets making sure to find the perfect one.  Then we browsed the store.  He insisted on doing all the steps of self check out in addition to carrying my bags to the car.  What a sweet guy!  It's fun to be his biggest fan.


6 // Happy 40th!

My bestie Jacque turned 40 this week.  I excitedly welcomed her to Club 40.  I took the big kids to her pool party and we had a blast.


7 // Cook Outs

We hosted a couple of cookouts this month so far and I just love a plate full of grilled meat and all the Summer produce.  Dinner was delicious!

8 // Clean Up Crew

Leo has designated himself at the breakfast clean up crew.  He looks for any leftovers and loves to sample what everyone else ate.  He gets a good mix of oatmeal, bagels, toast and cereal.

9 // HARIBO Anniversary Gummies

If you - or your kids - love gummies, I've got a new one to recommend.  You've got to try the 100th anniversary HARIBO gummy bear packs.  They've got blue raspberry party hats and they're so good!  My kids love these in their school lunches.

10 // Summer Sunsets

We are soaking in all the Summer goodness in the evenings and the slightly cooler mornings.  Leo has been paying much more attention to the sunsets lately.  Look at this gorgeous sunset!

11 // Great Grandma

Leo and I popped over to visit his Great Grandma Sharon.  She's had an eventful month so we dropped off some yummy food and got to visit.


12 // Praying for Friends

Our whole family has been working hard on making new friends.  Fletcher came home with these little scraps of paper this week.  They're friends phone numbers and house numbers.  He's very proud to have memorized my number and told me that he's been giving it out to new friends.  I love that!!

13 // Goals

Olive made her own goal chart and said she's working towards something big.  I love her ambition!

14 // Happy Kitty Birthday

Penny & Pearl turned 2 this week.  We had a great time celebrating them with pampering and yummy cat food.  Leo couldn't figure out why their cake looked so ucky.  I think he was hoping for a real cake.

15 // Mr Box Turtle

I rescued this guy from our road and the kids have had fun pampering him.  I wanted to name him Speedy, but we'll see what they settle on.

16 // Days with Leo

We are really enjoying our days together.  We take care of all the things and just enjoying being BFFs right now.  I know how fast these little years go.  I'm thankful to get to spend my days with him!


Happy Friday!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

I'm linking up with Momfessionals and will see you back here on Monday.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful month, Whitney! So many special moments. Your sunsets are beautiful and I think it’s adorable that Leo loves to watch them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful favorites! It looks like a yummy start to the month too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved catching up with all your favorites. The little scraps of paper were so sweet. I'm also praying for good friends for my college kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun stuff this month, friend! I used to work with a lady who brought chicken salad from Chicken Salad Chick to our working potlucks, and it is such good stuff. How sweet that your kids know you're not only thinking about them during the day, but also praying for them. I love that! <3 Olive's goal chart is the cutest thing ever. I love her motivational reminders along the way! I love your recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies - that's the recipe I always use. We're flip flopped: I start decorating for fall in August but don't make any pumpkin treats until September 1. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.