Tuesday, August 9, 2022

5 HomeGoods Clearance Tips

I'm so happy to have a HomeGoods nearby in our new city!  I have found some pretty great things for our new house - ottomans, frames, holiday decor, rugs, pillows, party supplies and more.  I really love checking out all of their end of season clearance.  Their clearance aisles are PACKED right now.  Everything Summer needs to go along with a lot of regular home decor.

I learned some tips this week that I thought you might enjoy hearing.  Plus, you can have a sneak peek at some new home decor for our house!

1 // Kitchen & Bathroom

Check the end caps in those sections as well as the big clearance aisles in the back of the store for great deals.  I love when I find something that's been marked down twice.  I grabbed some new hand towels and had to dig for a bit to find some without any snags or defects in them.


2 // Home Decor

This pretty piece was double marked down and in pretty good condition.  It's missing a screw that I think should be easy to replace.

I noticed when I got home that it rang up for $24.00 instead of $15.  I took it back into the store a few days later to check on getting a price adjustment.  She confirmed that it was supposed to be $15 and said that the clearance tags are supposed to be stacked so this doesn't happen.  I'll pay more attention in the future if the tags are like this.

3 // Summer Serving Pieces

My store had TONS of summer dishes, serving pieces, outdoor play stuff and decor.  It was almost hard to navigate through the section.  I grabbed these two stainless buckets for just $9 each!  They're huge and will hold drinks or s'mores supplies or plates when we host events.  They look really nice and look much more expensive than they were.



4 // Toys

Always stroll through the clearance books and toys if you've got kids in your life.  I found a Green Toys helicopter for Leo for Christmas that was just $9.  New in the box.  He'll love it and I'm saving it for Christmas.  All of their Summer toys and water toys were marked down.  If you aren't sure if a toy is a good deal, do a quick Amazon price comparison while you're in store and see which place has the best deal.

5 // Pairs of Things

I had to hunt and hunt to find a second floral pillow that I loved.  I made a comment to the cashier about it and she said that they are told not to put like items together to encourage people to have to hunt for things.  Well well that makes sense.  I guess you are likely to find more to buy when you're going through all the aisles.  So keep that in mind if you're looking for a set of something or pair of things at stores like HomeGoods - be prepared to track them down!


Do you shop clearance items at Home Goods??  I hope these tips help you find some great deals.


2 comments:

  1. Great finds, Whitney! It hasn’t occurred to me to keep an eye on the clearance stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I love Home Goods clearance! I found a ton of goodies in January this year - that end of season clearance is the best.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.