Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Amazing Aldi Deals

Hey friends!  I know that it's been a long time since I have put together an Aldi post for you.  I decided I'm going to start going once or twice a month to stock up on my favorite items to save us money in the grocery department.  The Aldi closest to my house isn't my favorite so for all of you that have told me you don't love shopping at your Aldi because it's old, run down or dingy - I get it.   

I'm going to encourage you to power through and get the deals!!  

Aldi prices are hard to beat on so many things.

I'll start with my favorite dairy and end with my favorite purchase of the day!

Favorite Dairy:

Gallon of milk $2.48

Blocks of cheese are $2 and then $3.89 for the fancier blocks

Bags of shredded cheese were $2.99 for 3 cups

String Cheese is $2.79

Favorite Snacks:

Apple cinnamon pouches $5.75

Gushers $2.68

Freeze dried apples $2.99

Pub style pretzels $1.99

Banana bunch $0.99

Favorite Meat:

We LOVE this beef shaved steak.  It's so good with some teriyaki sauce, roasted broccoli and rice.  We've also eaten it as fajita meat for tacos.

It's $6.13 a container.  I always stock up and freeze them.

Favorite Chips:

Tortilla chips $1.79!!  Tostitos have gotten so expensive at about $5 a bag sometimes.

Aldi wheat thins $1.05 - we love name brand wheat thins normally but these are good and a fraction of the price of name brand!

Favorite Dinner Staples:

Chicken broth $1.29

Black beans $0.71

Mini Naan Flatbreads $4.29 - great as a pizza crust!  They freezer perfectly so I stock up and freeze them.  Then thaw them on the day we need them.

Farfalle - $0.92 - My store was out of rotini and angel hair.  It's all a good deal so I just stocked up on Farfalle this time.

Tortilla shells $1.75

Favorite Baking Staples:

Brown sugar $1.69

40oz Jar of Creamy PB $3.39

Vegetable Oil $3.15

Other Favorites:

Green olives - $1.35

Premium Vodka Sauce - $3.99 - so good!!

I love their seasonal items!  They're great for charcuterie boards.

Artisan Crisp $3.59

A friend tipped me off to these cute lunch box notes!  They're perfect to add to your kids or your maybe even your spouse's lunch box.  You get 180 notes for just $4.99!  I got the girl and boy packs and can't wait to use them.  I found them near the cooler bags and lunch box stuff in the aisle of fun.



Did any of those prices surprise you??

What good deals did you see?  Each of these is at least $1 more per item than other stores near me so it's totally worth it for me to go and stock up at Aldi.

Go and check out an Aldi near you!

4 comments:

  1. Love Aldi! I shop first at Aldi and then H‑E‑B for my grocery items. But I have to say our prices are at least 50% higher then yours. For some reason that surprised me - I expected the prices to be the same across the board, like Trader Joe’s. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BIg Aldi fan here!! We are lucky to have two of them within 15-20 minutes and both of them are the updated/nicer ones. My husband has recently been liking the Dave's Organic bread at Kroger because of the protein content...it's around $7 a loaf!! I just found it at Aldi (their brand) for $4.50 a loaf and it tastes identical!!

    My kids love the chocolate dessert hummus but we haven't been able to find that recently. We also like their apple chicken sausage for quick sheet pan dinners with veggies.

    Keep up your Aldi posts! I love learning what other people buy. I'm so used to knowing where all my usual things are that I don't always take the time to learn what other products there are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lunch notes are such a fun find! I think Houston must have a really competitive grocery scene because our Walmart and HEB are about the same price as Aldi. Lucky for me I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My challenge with Aldi is finding what I need. I meal plan then make my shopping list, and I've had trouble finding what I want to buy.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.