Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Cardboard Bouquet

Do you ever find yourself with flowers that are past their prime for a vase??

My kids love to cut them or pull them apart so I figured they'd have fun making cardboard bouquets.

 

I saved a big Amazon box so we'd have plenty of cardboard and used flowers that were looking a little tired.  They worked with their best buddies to make some pretty art.

Supplies:

Cardboard rectangles

pen

Sharpie

scissors

painter's tape

fresh flowers / wild flowers / fall flowers - any flowers will do! 


Directions:

Pre-cut the cardboard pieces and the kids select their own.  Explain that they get to build their own cardboard bouquet.  Show them some vase shape ideas and let them each use their sharpie to draw their vase + write their name.  I poked holes with a pen in their cardboard.  I think I did 8 or so per bouquet and then added more if they needed them.  I told them that their bouquets should have a variety of flowers and greenery.  They stuck the flowers in the cardboard and when they were done I used painter's tape to secure them on the back.

The boys and the girls really enjoyed this activity!  Their bouquets all turned out different and they were all really proud of their finished work.


Back of the bouquet:



Warning: This wasn't a great toddler activity.  He was too rough with the delicate flowers and it was frustrating for him/the big kids.

Happy crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.