Friday, January 7, 2022

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  We got an unexpected SNOW DAY today so the kids are home and eager to play.  They typically get e-learning days .  A plain, old fashioned snow day feels like a big treat!  It felt good to get into some familiar routines this week just in time to get snow and keep life interesting :)

Snow //

We got our first snow at the new house.  I scrambled to find all of our snow gear and sleds - thankfully everything turned up.  It started snowing right when we woke up and then snowed a little all day long.  It is very chilly!  Leo refused to wear mittens and socks so he wasn't thrilled to be out in the snow for very long.  We got to meet some new neighbors while we were playing in the snow.

The kid's teacher's both took them out to play in the snow during the school day!  That was a surprise favorite from the day.  They were thrilled.  Then wanted to hurry home and play some more.



Organizing //

We've lived in our house for almost 3 weeks and things are starting to feel a little more organized.  Penny likes to check out the pantry shelves.

The Titanic //

Did you know that I'm a super fan of all things Titanic??    I got this in my stocking (to: me from: me haha) and I am really enjoying reading it in the school pick up line.

Upgrade //

After we moved, I realized how sad my Pyrex bowls/cracked lids were looking.  I picked up this big set of glass containers with snap on lids at Sams this week for $19.99.  It's on sale from $25 and seems like it's going to be great. 

Sunsets //

Our winter sunsets have been so pretty this week!

New Job //

Kevin started his new job on Monday.  It's been a great week of settling into his new office and getting to know his surroundings.  We stopped by to say hello after school one day this week.


Kevin's 1st day: He went back to school one day earlier than the big kids so they teased him about having to go to work while they stayed home to play.

Pearl // 

She's gotten herself into trouble several times this week.  She climbs everything and I find her in the highest places she can find.  She loved my new baskets :)


YES Day //

The kids had been asking for a Yes day (where I said yes to their requests :) so I planned a bit of a yes day on their last day of Christmas break.  We headed to the mall for some fun and then went to their favorite lunch spot - Jason's Deli.  Lunch was delicious and it was fun to be out and about with them.  They helped with Leo and we all had a good time.


Their top requests for the mall were to 1. Ride the animal scooters and 2. Spend some of their Christmas money.  They each found stuffed animals at Claires and they picked out animals to drive around the mall.  We strolled around and browsed at their favorite shops.

They took turns driving Leo around.  It was so cute.  He loved it and they were pretty good drivers.

We paid to rent them for 20 minutes and they easily could have ridden for longer.  Next time :)


It was fun to spend the morning doing all the things they wanted to do.  It was definitely a highlight of our Christmas break and a good reminder for me to pay attention to their favorite things.

I hope your 2022 is off to a great start!  Linking up with Momfessionals today

6 comments:

  1. What a fun week! I'm super jealous of your snow day, but so glad you all got to enjoy it! You and Olive look super cute in your snow gear. I've only worn a coat a couple times this fall/winter and I'm so ready for a few super cold weeks! Penny in the Pantry - that is the cutest picture. So glad you're feeling more settled in your new home. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun pictures! Your snow pictures are beautiful. You live in a gorgeous spot! What is your favorite thing to order at Jasons deli? I confess I don’t think I’ve ever tried it. I’ll have to give it a go! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN! I switched all my tupperware to glass! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those mall animals are so fun...are they motorized? Loved catching up with your friday faves. Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a pretty picture of the sunset. Congrats to Kevin on his new job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, fellow Titanic superfan. I love your pantry!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.