Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Mosaic Flag Art

American flags and Summer just go perfectly together.  I love everything patriotic and red, white and blue this time of year.  We had several rainy days so I pulled out this art project for the kids.  It's easy enough for kids to do with just a little supervision and there's lots of room for kids to pick out their own shades. patterns and colors for each section of the American flag.

I'd been saving a stack of magazines for a project just like this one.  We talked about shades of red, true whites, varieties of blue and how cool patterns looked in their mosaics.

Their flags turned out so cute!  I love them enough that I'm looking for frames for them.   

I gave them each scissors and the stacks of magazines.  We quickly realized we needed containers to hold and separate the colors.  They each got three bowls - one for each color.  Then they started cutting squares and rectangles.

Olive was fine to sit and cut for the whole time.  Fletcher asked for some help and a break.  But he also said this art project was way funner than he imagined.  I'm calling that a win!

I gave them each a blue rectangle piece of paper and a glue stick.  They glued the blue portion of the flag down first and then started on their stripes.  They did one row at a time and needed very little help.



USA!!  Did you know it was Flag Day yesterday??  Leo did.


I'm decorating for July 4th this week and leaving it up through July. We even got an American flag for our deck this year.  I'm ready to celebrate and cheer for the USA :)


1 comment:

  1. Those are absolutely adorable! And look how cute Leo is!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.