Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Leo's WILD ONE Birthday

He's a WILD ONE!

Leo turned one April 7th and we were lucky to get to celebrate him with our families the following weekend.  He enjoyed his parties, the cake and the new toys, but really first birthdays are a celebration for the whole family.  We made it!!  We made it through a hard year together!  Babies are tricky little people and adding in COVID really made this past year a weird one.  We're thankful to have made it through and enjoyed lots of extra time together.

We celebrated with my Kevin's family for dinner and my family for brunch.  Everyone loved getting to celebrate Leo.  His WILD ONE party came together so cute.  I loved the jungle theme.  It was perfect for our lion loving guy.  We decorated with our jungle creature toys, picked up jungle wrapping paper at TJ Maxx to cover the tables with and added jungle food toppers to most of the food.

Leo is determined to blaze his own trail - he is our first kid to walk before their first birthday and he's the first kid to grab his lit birthday candle!  It scared all of us but he was okay.



I almost skipped printing his monthly pictures, but I am so glad that I didn't.  It was one of my favorite party decorations.  I LOVE seeing the big changes each month.  Look at that tiny baby in month 1 and the big boy in month 12.  Those months go by so fast!

We ordered pizza, played outside, ate cupcakes and opened gifts.  Olive read all the cards, Fletcher helped open gifts and Leo loved it.


Then Leo gave hugs and waved goodbye at the end.  These pictures of Leo with his great grandparents are just precious to me.  He LOVES them.  These pictures made me tear up a bit.  They're just so so sweet.  I think I'm going to frame this one.  Leo is one loved little guy.

 


 

Day 2 // We woke up and had a brunch birthday party the next day with my family.  Leo loved exploring a new kitchen and getting into everything.


We love Leo!  Our party was at 11:30 in a different time zone that we live in so it was 12:30 our time.  Kevin put Leo down for an early nap and woke him up right before the party started.

Look at this delicious brunch buffet that my mom and I put together!

French toast sticks, cinnamon rolls, blueberry mini muffins fruit, yogurt parfaits, cheese cubes, scrambled eggs, friend ham, sausage and bacon. 






We did a birthday book for everyone to sign - How to Be a Lion.

Leo was a little more into opening gift for this party.  The cousins were so cute to sit and watch.





He's warming up to all the girls that want to love on him.



 Cute birthday decorations, Mom.


We are thankful for all these cute cousins, family and friends that came to celebrate Leo!  We gave out favors of bubble wands, treats and big bouncy balls for everyone.

6 comments:

  1. What a fun day! Your family is just the sweetest - that pic w/ Leo’s great grandparents was absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I was excited to see this post in my feed!! :) Sounds like you picked exactly the perfect theme for your little fearless man! Love the collage of his monthly pictures and all the patterns you put together for the tables. So fun! Also, I still can't get over how big your nieces are getting! So fun to see the whole cousin crew together - and what a blessing to celebrate with great grandparents. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing year for you and your family! I am always thinking of those mamas who have raised babies during a pandemic. You are doing a great job!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you have everyone sign a birthday book for your kids!! Gorgeous party-- and that brunch looks amazing!! So glad to see all your family getting together to celebrate, it makes me sad that people, esp families and close friends, are still staying away from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So FUN! My Great Nephew's 1st birthday is Wild One too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet time with family! That brunch buffet looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.