Tuesday, April 23, 2019

New & Improved Fairy Garden

Remember last year when we started a fairy garden?

We had so much fun building it from scratch in the roots of a big tree in our backyard.

2018 Fairy Garden

We scoped out Dollar Tree back in February and picked out some new houses, new features and new animals for our fairy garden this year.  You just can't beat the $1 price tag!!  Rural King has some cute fairies and fairy garden supplies, but each item is $4-6.  Yikes!

We have found our favorite things at Dollar Tree and Hobby Lobby.

We also lost a big pine tree about a month ago.  Olive asked to save some of the logs for her fairy garden.  They are the perfect addition.  She added in a pine cone forest, a centerpiece (like Gnomeo & Juliet) and it's coming together nicely.  We'll plant some flowers when the weather finally warms up, but that probably won't happen until May.

Both kids love building this.  It's something that we all enjoy doing together.  Fletcher loves the gnomes and the animals.  Olive loves it all.  We put everything away for the winter and it was really exciting to rearrange and start it up again this year.

Welcome to our 2019 Backyard Fairy Garden:

I love the ceramic bunny, seashell trail and bigger gnomes we've added this year.  I'll be on the hunt for cute things to go on clearance this summer to add to our garden.









For a little perspective.  The fairy garden is under our big maple tree in our backyard.  It doesn't take up much room and makes me smile every time I see it.

What do you think we should add next??

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love that y’all help add to it...super special! I love the little shell path too. Can’t wait to see what flowers you plant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I just had some pictures pop up in my Timehop from 10 years ago when my kids had a fairy house in the backyard. I took pictures of all the notes they wrote to the fairies. It's so magical in a child's mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so adorable! And what a fun project to do together.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.