Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Mississippi Eats

We've been trying some local restaurants lately
and wanted to share them with you.

 1. Cozumel Mexican Restaurant
VERY generous portions, tasty salsa and really fresh.
We'll definitely be heading back to this place and it helps that it's named after one of our favorite spots - Cozumel, Mexico!!

 2. Daylight Donuts
Such a sweet little donut shop with the nicest people working there!
They are so friendly and their donuts are delicious.  I love their cake donuts, my hubby loves their white icing filled long johns and this bacon topped maple donut was heavenly.  The donuts are so fresh and tasty.  Infinitely better than donuts from a big chain store.  We visit this shop about once a week.

3. Newk's Eatery
A delicious bistro type restaurant with tons of options
and delicious desserts.
Their mac & cheese was really tasty and everyone else enjoyed their sandwiches.  I love that they have GIANT cups and their kid cups are the perfect size with big straws.

4. Papitos Mexican Grill
Delicious, fresh salsa, great lemonade and very generous portions.
Loved it and will definitely be going back to this affordable spot.

5. Beagle Bagel
Great bagels, good salad and tasty chocolate cake.
I love their sugar cookies!!
*Be sure to go early in the day if you want to see their whole menu because they often run out of key things like soup and salads.  Also, don't get their red velvet cake.  My husband loves RVC and said it was nasty.

 6. Popeyes
Great chicken tenders, mashed potatoes and a biscuit.
This is our favorite, southern chicken place.

 7. Amerigo
Delicious Italian food!
Make reservations to avoid having to wait very long and go between 4-6pm for early bird specials.  We made reservations for 5:00pm and we basically had the place to ourselves.  Their specials were about $6 off regular priced meals so we saved a bundle.  I got lasagna and it was amazing.  Their bread was so fresh and tasty.  Everyone loved their food - salmon, chicken marsala and fettuccine.  They serve local beer on tap and the wait staff is really friendly and nice to kids :)  I think I might request to go back here for my birthday next month.

Do you have a favorite restaurant for me to try in Mississippi??

3 comments:

  1. I love the Beagle Bagle. Oh my goodness--Sorry that you had bad luck. Amerigo's is awesome as well. My favorite's are Char, Cock of the Walk on the Reservoir (fried catfish place), Mama Hamil's (southern cooking through and through) and THE best Mexican is Cinco de Mayo right off the Reservoir in Ridgeland. If you want to travel a bit or are ever in these areas--Biloxi/Gulfport area has the best surf and turf EVER called Captain Al's and the twiced baked potato is a meal within itself . Weidman's In Meridian is dainty and great also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this even though I'm not in MS! I need to do a post like yours - I need to do a post, period! :{ I need you to come over and help me get organized! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Daylight Donuts. We actually got them for our post-wedding brunch. And the Mexican food looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.